Who’s on Q?
Cold enough for this Colorado boy to sport a Patagonia Vest for the Warm-o-Rama (it was shed pretty quickly thereafter).
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER:
Done. And with a few “newer” PAX joining the group, I felt it appropriate to provide everyone with the Mission, Core Principles, and Credo.
15 SSH IC
10 Daisy Pickers IC
10 Imperial Walkers IC
10 Merkins IC
Mosy to Tennis Courts (7’s). 4 Corners of the 2 Tennis Court courts. Each corner included an exercise with a multiple of 7. Mode of Transportation changed as we traveled from corner-corner.
- 7 Burpees – highknees to next corner
- 14 Jungle Boi Squats – Bear Crawl to net/Crawl Bear to next corner
- 21 Merkins – Lunge Walk to next corner
- 28 Am Hammer (2 is 1) – Run to first corner (hold Plank til all in)
- Run to last corner…
- 28 LBCs – Lunge Walk to next corner
- 21 Mountain Climbers (2 is 1) – Crawl Bear to net/Bear Crawl to next corner
- 14 Bobby Hurley’s – highknees to next corner
- 7 Burpees (hold Plank til all in)
Mosey over to circle drive near playground. PAX gathered around the island in the middle with a small hill. We partnered up.
- PAX 1:
- Broad jump over knee-high fence, run up small hill and down the other side, hop the fence, perform 1 Burpee. Return in same fashion.
- Repeated until PAX 2 returned from his exercise. Goal was to get a combined 15 hill traverses (2 is 1) as a partnered group.
- PAX 2:
- Run 1x around the island
- Switch upon return
- If PAX 1 was still performing exercise, PAX 2 would perform dips until PAX 1 finished
Mosy over to playground. Remained as partners.
- PAX 1: 5 pull-ups
- PAX 2: BBSUs
- Change when PAX 1 finished his 5 pull-ups, Goal to get 15 total pull-ups each
Mosy over to Stairs.
- 5 HRM at top, run to bottom, 10 SSH
- 3 Rounds
- SSH til all in
Mosy back to Startex
MARY: Lots of reps of various amounts. All performed IC
- Freddy Mercury
- Flutter Kicks
- Pickle Pounders
- American Hammers
- Dying Cockroach
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA:
9 PAX – No FNGs
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
- We are all tested in a number of different ways in our lives. Maybe it’s related to work, family, parenting, friendship. And most struggle with that – there’s frustration and misunderstanding. I’m constantly reminded of the movie Evan Almighty, with one scene in particular (my favorite of the movie)
- Morgan Freeman (Al Mighty) sits down at a restaurant with Evan’s Wife as she’s struggling with the family’s relationship as he is building an ark. She’s embarrassed and doesn’t understand why, and is looking for some help. Freeman says the building of the ark is a love story and helps her understand that the feelings she is having is most likely a result of an opportunity He is giving her. For example, if someone prays for patience – God most likely puts that person in situations to be patient. Same with courage. And same with family relationships. It’s a great scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxPKjruTuxw.
- Look for those opportunities in your life and understand that it’s most likely God at work
There was some confusion 12 hours earlier about who was on Q. It was all innocent and it all worked out. No harm, no foul. Great to see 9 PAX on this cold morning. Cheez could have gone all day on the tennis court 7’s , but it was best to move us around. I know I might be partial, but Six Wicket really does have a lot to offer as an AO. In addition, it has small hills, medium hills, large hills, and extra large hills – true variety for all your workout pleasures. Interestingly, the darn lights were out at the far pavilion. You think this place is dark, try running around without those pavilion lights!
Gathering at Gus’ tonight. BYOE (Bring your own everything)