Who needs the first couple rungs of a ladder
37°F perfect gloom…. good group of pax coming from both directions down the street converging at the shovel flag.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
Quickly done right at 5:30, YHC is on Q for 45min and I am not a pro, modify if you need
SSH IC x20
Imperial Walkers IC x15
Low Squat holds IC x10
THA-THANG: Jacobs Ladder
Started with a .2 mile fast mosey to the side of the school and explained to pax that we would be completing a ladder sequence today. Also informed the pax that we would skip the first couple rungs, b/c who needs em?
- Rung 1: 5 Burpees, 10 BBSUs, 15 Merkins (then fast mosey every which where, ended at the middle quart yard at the school) 0.2miles
- Rung 2: 5 Burpees, 10 BBSUs, 15 Merkins, 20 SSHs (then fast mosey around the edge of the back school lot stopping at the BBall quart) 0.15miles (ish)
- Rung 3: 5 Burpees, 10 BBSUs, 15 Merkins, 20 SSHs, 25 Squats (mosey to playground)
- Half time= Fun Time; completed a small pyramid: 1 pull-up 5 Dips, 2 pull-ups 10 Dips… to 5 and 25. First finishing pax did hang time till all-in. (Fast Mosey to the front of the school)
- Rung 5: 5 Burpees, 10 BBSUs, 15 Merkins, 20 SSHs, 25 Squats, 30 Alternating Shoulder Taps 1=1 (mosey around parking lot to side of school)
- Rung 6; 5 Burpees, 10 BBSUs, 15 Merkins, 20 SSHs, 25 Squats, 30 Alternating Shoulder Taps (1=1), 35 American Hammers (2=2) (Fast mosey to outside the pavilion)
- Rung 7: 5 Burpees, 10 BBSUs, 15 Merkins, 20 SSH, 25 Squats, 20 Alternating Shoulder Taps (1=1), 35 American Hammers (2=1), 40 Lunges (1=1) (Mosey to Baseball concession stand, 180 turn and head to shovel flag)
- Rung 8: 5 Burpees, 10 BBSUs, 15 Merkins, 20 SSH, 25 Squats, 20 Alternating Shoulder Taps (1=1), 35 American Hammers (2=1), 40 Lunges (1=1), 45 Carolina Dry Docs
Missed this one, we were a couple minutes ahead of schedule so we were able to do rung 8 instead of Mary, and the American hammers were killer.
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA:
11 Pax 0 FNGs
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
Talked a little about balance. Setting an alarm and waking up extra early to give you a less rushed morning can help you feel more refreshed than sleeping in slightly later and running out the door. Our bodies need to warm up, just like our muscles do. That also goes for our minds. Waking up and checking your phone right away can put you in bad mood/ cloud your mind before it’s ready. The book I’ve been reading (Live like a Monk), gave an analogy of taking a car 0-60 right when you turn it on, which is what we are doing with our mind with information overload when we boot up our smart phones with all the status updates, messages, & emails seconds after rolling out of bed.
Hobo is back in the gloom!
Great effort this morning, all put in the work.
YHC wanted to keep the run pace up to give us a little bit extra burn. Seemed to work well.
New Year’s Day Convergence at Mothership. FYI: The F3 Nation 10 Year Anniversary has been postponed till next October