When the Levee Blocks
THE SCENE: I step out of my car to the sound of “Welcome to the Jungle” take a deep breath in and immediately start drowning. Mid 80s temp, mid 800s humidity.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER: Welcomed and disclaimed.
- Side Straddle Hops – 20IC
- Arm Circles – 10 little forward/big forward/little reverse/big reverse all IC of course
- Imperial Walkers – 10IC
- Hillbillies – 10IC
- Daisy Pickers – 10IC
Partner up, grab a CMU, and walk it about 15 yards away. One partner does the 100/150/200 with a CMU while the other bearcrawls to the CMU, does other part, then bear crawls back with the block (crawl/thing/crawl). Then switch.
- Round 1:
- 100 curls
- 150 Squats
- 200 Mountain Climbers (2 is 1)
- crawl/5 blockies/crawl (burpee with a block)
- Round 2:
- 100 Warrior I Lunges (50R/50L)
- 150 Gas Pumpers with block over chest
- 200 Tricep dips
- Walk with block/5 Around the World/Walk with block (Shallow squat, Make a Large “O” with the block in front of you.)
There was a round 3 that we didnt get to. Also, bear crawls got replaced by walking with the block. Those bear crawls followed by burpees were brutal and were slowing our pace too much.
- (1)Plank, (2) side plank touch sky, (3)reach under touch your obliques, (4) Plank. 4 count 10IC each side
- Oblique Crunches 10R/10L OYO
- Superman Banana Roll 20IC (Superman, 4 count roll to banana, 4 count hold, 4 count roll to superman, rinse and repeat)
- Miracle Ear Crunches 20 IC (Legs 45° in air. Crunch to knees, crunch to calfs, crunch to ankles, rest. Its a 4 count move of death.)
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
19 – Miracle Ear- QIC, Double Vision, Coach Pitch, Halpert, FNG – Finkle , Boudreaux, Coach K, Slater, Sully, LinkedIn, C-Lo, La-Z-Boy, Spirit Stick, Lochte, Roots, Pablo, Pronto Pup, Fanboi, Pebbles
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
Find a guy you can be close to and lean on him for support. If you have someone like that, keep them close. If you dont, find one and keep them close.
Bear Crawls are nasty and they tired us out quicker than expected. Also the Levee is not as far as anticipated. Im pretty sure with all the dew, these CMUs gained at least 5-10 pounds over the course of the workout.
17th is the 2 year anniversary workout!