What’s Worse than Tony Hawk Burpees?
Not nearly as wet as the 100% chance of rain that the forecast had me expecting.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.
PAX were informed that the first exercise would be 20 SSH; 10 In Cadence and 10 In Silence. Warning was given that there would be a penalty for not finishing together.
- SSH x20 (10 IC, 10 IS)
- Burpees x10 (thanks, Charles Edward Cheese)
- Daisy Pickers x15 IC
- Imperial Walkers x15 IC
- Windmills x15 IC
- Little Arm Circles x10 IC (each direction)
- Mosey to Heartbreak Ridge
11’s. Alternate between two exercises (one at the top of Heartbreak Ridge, the other at the bottom) with the total number of reps always equaling 11. Earlier this week I made two promises to Speedy — that there would be no Tony Hawk Burpees, and that the PAX would wish that there were.
- Bottom of HR – 10 Tony Hawk Bodybuilders. Top of HR – 1 BBSU.
- Bottom of HR – 9 Tony Hawk Bodybuilders. Top of HR – 2 BBSU.
- Bottom of HR – 1 Tony Hawk Bodybuilder. Top of HR – 10 BBSU.
Tremor and Speedy are beasts, and finished a few rounds ahead of everyone else. Because they are HIMs, they held plank, did shoulder taps, etc. while waiting for the Six, and encouraged others to join them upon finishing. Everyone repeated the final round with the Six.
What’s better than 11’s? More 11’s! Merkins/Squats.
Heartbreak Ridge sucks.
What’s better than more 11’s? More more 11’s! Squats/Monkey Humpers.
Heartbreak Ridge really sucks. Mosey back to STARTEX.
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
8 PAX: Bailout, Choker (QIC), Chuck E. Cheese, Grimace, Incognito, Roomba, Speedy, Tremor
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
The impact of Social Media and technology in general has been on my mind a lot the last few months. Last week Speaker posted a link to a book called Digital Minimalism. I picked up a copy yesterday and am excited to dig in. One thing the author recommends is to start with a “Digital Declutter”:
- Put aside a 30-day period during which you will take a break from optional technologies in your life.
- During this 30-day break, explore and rediscover activities and behaviors that you find satisfying and meaningful.
- At the end of the break, reintroduce optional technologies into your life, starting from a blank slate. For each technology you reintroduce, determine what value it serves in your life and how specifically you will use it so as to maximize this value.
I’m looking forward to reading more about this process and the other things the author recommends. I feel like there is a lot of clutter and distraction in our lives that prevents us from having a higher impact.
Welcome Incognito, a Willy Loman from F3 Lexington. That dude conquered Heartbreak Ridge like it was nothing.
25% of the way toward my Q-signing of the Nanner Flag.
QSource lunch today at Germantown Whole Foods. Topic: JESTER