THE SCENE: Paper Cut was not present despite HC’ing last night at 9PM and offering to bring some dumbbells. He drove by around 5:25 honking his horn though.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER: Done
- 15x Mountain Climbers IC
- 15x Prison Squats IC, Slow
- 15x T- Merkin IC
- 5x Slow (unweighted) Turkish Get Up IC (Teach form)
- Don’t overextend arm – but always locked out
- Loaded-side foot has knee up
- First to elbow, then hand
- High bridge/hips, flat foot
- Bring unloaded knee toward hand
- Turn forward into lunge, stand.
- Circuit 3x
- 5x Weighted Turkish Get Ups Slow on each arm
- 25x CMU OH Presses + Rifle Carry around lot
- Heavy Suitcase Carry around lot with each arm
- 30x Elevated Glute Raises IC (10x both legs, 10x left, 10x right)
- 10x Knee to Elbow (plank/peter parker) IC Slow
- 25x CMU Flutter IC
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA:
5: Bandwagon, Halpert, Hobo (QIC), La-Z-Boy, Roots
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
Toughness from discomfort. Growth from failure.
I had to come up with a 6-word ‘why’ for my participation in GrowRuck and that is what I came up with. We should not shy away from discomfort but, rather, we should readily embrace it so we can grow tougher. You can learn a lot from failure as well, so don’t be afraid to push yourself to new levels by attempting things that you cannot currently do.
The Turkish get ups are more complicated than most movements in a typical F3 workout, but I like them and I thought the men did a great job today with it. The suitcase carries were pretty good with 45-50lbs at the distance we were carrying them but I might have preferred to have a slightly heavier option for a shorter distance as well.
Quarterly Fitness Assessment test starts Saturday at the Barracks at 5:30.