“Thirty-Three” workout at the Barracks
THE SCENE: 78 and humid
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER: I am not a professional. You are not being paid to be here.
- SSH x 20, Imperial Walkers x 10, Daisy Pickers x 10, Donkey kicks x 10 (on both legs)
- One mile: 3 laps at a conversational pace, final lap slightly faster
- Frog hump relay: Split up into teams of 4/5, frog jump to the cone, sprint from cone to and touch pavement, sprint back to tag your partner. Winning team takes a victory lap; losing team won 33 jump squats and 33 merkins for each respective win. (teams were mixed up between relays)
- “Thrill of the chase” relay: choose a partner close to your speed; partner one gets a head start, sprinting out about 5 feet to a cone; once partner one reaches the cone, partner two chases him. losing partner had 33 air squats and 33 Carolina dry docks for each respective loss. (partner 2 got the head start for the second round)
- one cool down lap
- Freddy Mercury (Goldilocks), ABCs (Shoestring), American Hammers (Sir Mix-a-lot), Iron cross (Crayfish), LBCs (Bottomless)
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
19 PAX (1 FNG) – Shoestring, Hall Monitor, Vocals, Mr. Belding (FNG), Speaker, Teachers Pet, Father Abraham, Ramen, Scout Team, Bottomless, Crayfish, Jekyll (from South Carolina), Tomb Raider, Pirtle, Bookworm, Squeegee, Sir Mix A Lot, Frogger, Goldilocks
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
THIRTY-THREE was the number for any count today because that was the age of my college mentor/discipler at the time of his death. He meant a lot to me, and one principle he often emphasized was the importance of having 3 types of men in your life: a Paul (older, wiser, willing to speak into your life, can help you avoid bumps and potholes) a Barnabas (An encourager, typically close in age and stage of life, accountability), and a Timothy (younger, can mentor them and speak into their life). Each relationship is critical to our growth and development as men.
Shoutout to Jekyll from South Carolina. He shared about Whetstone and how they’re applying it in his home F3 group. Thanks for joining and sharing!
“Wander Ruck” – name given by Shoe Strings for the 9pm-Midnight Ruck and Beer gathering tonight. Check Slack for details.