The Wheel of Pain
THE SCENE: A stiff breeze and light drizzle, not enough to deter the lovemaking of the owls.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER: Done
F3 trivia: ?’s – What do the 3 F’s stand for, what are their nicknames, what is the mission statement of F3. reward = 5 x 10ct Body Bags, punishment = 10 x 10ct Body Bags. Total 15 x Body Bags. Good work men!
“The Wheel of Pain”
- PAX moseyed to a patch of forgiving grass
- orange cone at the center served as our ‘axis mundi’ (center of the world connecting terra firma to Heaven and Hell)
- stepped off a ‘circleish’ formation approx. 10m in diameter.
- each PAX served as a spoke and began by calling out the 1st AMRAP exercise, while the PAX knocked out reps the wheel began to spin with one PAX at a time sprinting to the cone and back into position resuming the exercise.
- the PAX to the right then sprinted to the cone and back.
- the spokes each took turns sprinting in a counterclockwise fashion while all others performed the exercise.
- two full revolutions were complete before switching to a different AMRAP exercise.
- exercises included: SSH, Merkins, Squats, Overhead shoulder press, LBCs, Mt. Climbers, Burpees, Flutter Kicks, Low Plank, and American Hammers.
MARY: Was honored by the last few revolutions.
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
16 PAX, 1 Irish Goodbye: Low Note, MIB, Jail Bate, Doc Hollywood, ISS, Fishbowl, Crayfish, Handsy, Teacher’s Pet, Dewey, Easily Amused, Bottomless, Bartman, Toaster, Mudslide, Tomb Raider
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
There are three things in life that are guarantees; 1. we are going to die, 2. you will suffer, 3. a believer in Jesus knows that He has overcome this world and death has no victory.
I had to call 911 for the first time (legitimate time) in my life yesterday. Mo’ped vs. Car. Car won. It got me thinking about how we are guaranteed to suffer which led me to think about how I am ‘preparing’ my foundation to withstand those days of suffering. First, logistically, mentally, physically, emotionally, I don’t think we can ever be ready for that day(s). However, I want to encourage us to be sharpening our 3rd F. Bolstering it up, doing all the asking, seeking, and knocking we can so that are feet are planted on firm ground and our eyes are focused on the sky HIM.
With 16 PAX, only 2 revolutions were more than enough to gas us quickly. Constricting the circle a bit tighter would have been a useful tweak. Mixing in the upper and lower body was necessary. TP’s cone interaction was always amusing to watch as he would lift up one leg and swing it over the top as he pivoted. Apparently, one finds the little things humorous when your body is collapsing.
Prayers requested for Handsy’s work. Crayfish’s MIL is having surgery today. F3, Snow White’s healing after breaking both legs after his first jump, Ft. Benning.
Come help Handsy et al. with the SOS facility make over Saturday, 0830-12. Reach out to Crayfish regarding tomorrows meeting at the Commons, 0730, regarding how to help OUR own impoverished neighbors secure a house.