The Levee 12/13/19: Been a Year Already? Well, let’s celebrate!!
I don’t remember but it was not that cold nor that hot
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
Done – well, kinda, as we did our mosey lap
- Mosey lap around the parking lot loop
- Side Straddle Hops x 30 (IC)
- Daisy Pickers x 20 (IC)
- Abe Vigodas x 20 (IC)
- Little baby arm circles (IC) – 10 forward and 10 backward
I had planned to do this workout in the parking lot but noticed the football field was open during pre-ruck so I couldn’t resist…after all, my tax dollars pay for it (well, some of it) and I hadn’t seen the inside of the stadium during my first year of F3.
- Moseyed to football field – stopped halfway and did 20 flutter kicks (IC)
- 11’s – but with 2 exercises on each end
- Started on goal line with 10 Squats and 10 Carolina Dry Docks
- Bear Crawled to 10 yard line
- 1 Mountain Climber and 1 BBSU
- Bear Crawled back to goal line
- Repeated by decreasing by one on the goal line side and increasing by one on the 1o yard line until we were at 1 and 10 reps, respectively
- Started on Goal Line, ran to 20 yard line, did 2 burpees, ran back to goal line until all in.
- Increased run by 20 yards and 2 burpees until we ran the entire field (40 yards/4 burpees, 60 yards/6 burpees, 80 yards/8 burpees, 100 yards/10 burpees)
- Moseyed back to start (stopped 1/2 way and did 20 flutter kicks (IC)).
Guantanomo Bay – didn’t quite get all the way around by end of time.
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA:
Pops, Meter Maid, La-Z-Boy, Black Diamond, Boudreaux, Pronto-Pup, Red Light, Pablo, C-Lo, Datsun, Pebbles, Halpert, Mudpants, Steinbrenner (QIC)
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
During today’s workout, we worked hard but the theme was to never leave anyone behind at any part of the workout. I just hit my 1 year anniversary with F3 and I feel blessed to have found this group of men to be a part of. During this time, I have been pushed physically, emotionally and spiritually…hopefully improving in all those areas but still a long way to go. I have never felt left behind and feel like so many of these men have my back. I had no idea what to expect when I made my first trip out to the Levee (thanks Yardsale!) and since my first week was Beast week with Nature Boy and Shoestring (whom I called Shoelaces for the first 3 weeks), I wasn’t sure how long I’d last. In the spirit of leave no man behind and leave no man where you left him, keep encouraging your fellow PAX…you never know what a simple message has done for me to keep me going. Reach out to someone you haven’t seen in a while and check on them…they may need it. Thanks for what you guys have done for me and I am going to push myself to be there for others more than I have. Love you dudes!
One more sprint on that football field and I may have splashed. That was hard and fun! I love the mix we have at the Levee, my home AO. Just good dudes at all ages and abilities and great to be around.