THE SCENE: Immediately after some extra motivated PAX gathered in the pre-gloom, middle of the night, to ruck several mileZ, dawn broke, a nice cool breeze off the lake, and a very wonderful 72ish degrees. unfortunately with the launch of F3s Little Rock and Mobile, the mothership was without a shovel flag.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER: Was disclaimed, then after some FNGs posted a few minutes late, was disclaimed again
SSH x 25 IC, Daisy pickers x15 IC, Imperial Walkers x 15 IC, Arm circles both forward and backward x 15 IC
Plyometrics: approx. 25 yards one way…Frankensteins, butt kickers, high knees, karaoke x2 (facing same way), Best Stretch ever (this elicited many midwife noises as PAX felt stretches in places they may not have known existed).
Broke PAX into groups of 3. Each performed a 12 minute AMRAP as discussed below.
- GROWN MAN THIGH-ANGLE – 3 cones placed in triangle approx. 15 yards apart. Cone 1 – 12 squats…broad jump to cone 2, Cone 2 – 12 mountain climbers (total or per leg, each PAX decide), lunge walk to cone 3, Cone 3) 12 single leg deadlifts.
- Arm circuit – had 2 sandbags of approx. 60 lbs and needed a few rucks as well. Partner up and in a you go, I go fashion, perform: 10 bent over rows, 10 curls, 10 triceps extension (skull crushers), 10 Shoulder to overheads…then 5 each front and side raises with partner resistance
- Cardio Circuit: start with 15 ruck thrusters, then jog big lap around the lot, halfway around, 15 burpees, then back to start…rinse and repeat.
- Much mumblechatter, and maybe it was the aforementioned mileZ, but particularly a lot of groaning coming from the thigh-angle throughout all 3 groups.
- Took approx. 60-90 second breaks between each round.
- One PAX splashed merlot, not exactly sure who it was, but initially said he had to pee…what as expelled was from a different hole (thankfully for all of us)
just a few mintues for mary, called Nature boy to pick exercise 1) flutter kicks, did a lot, I lost count. then Speedy called freddie mercurys
Finish with stargazers.
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
21 PAX with 4 FNGs: nature boy, lazarus, gus, teachers pet, moon pie (FNG), renfroe, chaperone, t swift, sleep number, tree hugger, speedy, u rock, stumpy (FNG), nickelback, grapo, luther (FNG), schrute (FNG), standard deviation, grimace, thundercat, mamas boy
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
YHC was really encouraged today during the pre-ruck gloom when Bootheel and I had opportunity to get to know one another better. We were both lamenting some of the needs surrounding both of our work with the youth in Memphis, and at the end of the ruck time, he reminded me of James 1:2 – ” consider it pure joy my bothers when you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance”
YHC has been in a bit of a dry spell spiritually, where I have felt sometimes overwhelmed by demands of fatherhood, work, relationship with the M, stresses from family and church, etc, etc.
This verse reminded me that these trials and dry spells produce perseverance, which when the next verse reminds us that when perseverance finishes its work, it leads to maturity and FAITH.
I was so thankful for this group of men who show up together, encourage one another and help pull each other through difficult things (be they workouts, rucks, growrucks, or spiritual trying times).
This is so much more than a workout men! thankful for you all!