A chilly 39 degrees
We had large numbers of PAX show up to post this morning. Maybe because it was YHC’s first time back at OF in 3 weeks (probably not) or maybe (more likely) because they all saw that this mysterious “Oz” OG OF-er was going to be on Q. Nobody really knows… So what actually happened?
Oz showed up, I introduced myself and asked if he was good to go or if he needed anything from any of us. He seemed a little confused. After a little more dialogue it was clear that there had been a breakdown in communication. Oz was showing up to join us for an exercise at his old stomping grounds, NOT to Q. The pre-blast had been updated, there was dialogue about the change in schedule in Slack, but clearly there was a breakdown somewhere and Oz was under the impression that he was not on Q. Oh well…we just rolled with it! Oz said he was happy to help, so I asked him to lead us in warmorama to give YHC a moment to plan a workout.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
Did it part way through warm-o-rama and then again before the actual workout.
Oz led the following (which was borderline an actual exercise, and not just warmorama):
- SSH (IC) – 25
- Squats (IC) – 15
- Windmill (IC) – 15
- IW (IC) – 15
- Burpee ladder – all PAX line up against parking lot island curb. Perform 1 burpee then bear crawl across parking lot to gazebo side of parking lot and back. Perform 2 burpees, bear crawl across and back. At this point, the PAX weren’t sure if this was still warmorama or if Oz had decided to move on into an actual exercise. Oz planned on getting to 10 but at 5 decided to cut it short to give time for the rest of the workout. We were over 10 minutes in at this point…
YHC took it from here and recycled a workout we did back in August.
1 burpee, 5 Merkins
2 burpees, 5 Merkins
3 burpees, 5 Merkins
4 burpees, 5 Merkins
5 burpees, 5 Merkins
- Round 1: burpees + Merkins
- Round 2: one leg burpees (left leg) + left hand on curb Merkins
- Round 3: one leg burpees (right leg) + right hand on curb Merkins
*Short mosey to picnic tables / benches to the north of the parking lot for rounds 4 and 5*
- Round 4: burpos + derkins (using concrete picnic table benches)
- Round 5: burpee box jumps + incline Merkins (using concrete picnic table benches)
Once we finished all 5 rounds, we did the following:
- Bear crawl from the picnic tables through grass back to parking lot.
- Once at parking lot, lunge walk back to flags.
- Once at flags, circle up and hold high plank.
- Raise right arm in the air.
- Bring arm back down and perform 5 merkins
- Raise left arm in the air.
- Bring arm back down and perform 5 merkins
- Hold high plank
- Raise Right foot in the air and hold
- Back to high plank
- Raise left foot in the air and hold
- Back to plank
At this point YHC turned it over to Bottomless to finish us out with 5 minutes of Mary…
- LBC’s (IC) – 26
- LOL’s (right side, then left) – 10 of each (L, O counter clockwise, O clockwise) on each leg
- Pickle Pounders (IC) – 16
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
26 (No FNG’s) – Pirtle, Chioccetti, Soybean, Old Man Hitch, Shoestring, Bottomless, Oz, Doc Hollywood, Jail Bait, One and Done, Dewey, Crayfish, Park Bench, TLC, Huggies, Combination, Mirage, ISS, Mighty Joe Young, Sir Mix-a-lot, Carmen Sandiego, Teacher’s Pet, Silver, MIB, Goldilocks, Handsy (QIC)
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
The importance of thankfulness – YHC spent the last 3 weeks traveling with my family and decided to journal each day (basically write down everything we did that day at the end of the day…including fun stuff, funny stuff, hard stuff…all of it). The more I did that, I realized how it helped me to be more grateful in the present moment. It helped me have a sense of all the good things that I’ve experienced so as not to get so hung up on the things that didn’t go well. And that, in turn, gave me greater patience with those around me (mainly my wife and kids), especially if things weren’t going exactly as I had hoped or planned. I encouraged the PAX to consider regularly journaling if they don’t already for the purpose of increasing thankfulness and patience in the present.
We prayed for Moth Balls and his new marriage and for Teacher’s Pet to get well soon (been not feeling well for a few weeks now)
It was definitely a rocky start to my first time back as AOQ after being out for 3 weeks. It was a good reminder of the importance of not just showing up for a workout, but the need for all of us (especially AOQ’s) to be ready for the unexpected and step up to led when and if necessary. Fortunately, I was surround by a solid group of HIM who rolled with it and stepped up to lead and encourage all the PAX. Several guys were jumping in to help other PAX finish their sets of burpees together. It was awesome. And great to be back…I had really missed all 3 F’s the past few weeks – thankful to be back in the gloom with my brothers.
APFT is this Friday at the Barracks. For more info on that or other announcements, look at the PREBLAST for the week.