THE SCENE: Crisp, cool with clear skies
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER:done.
- SSH x 20 IC
- Merkins x 20 IC
- Imperial Walkers x 10 IC
- Windmills x 10 IC
- Daisy Pickers x 10 IC
- Hillbillies x 10 IC
Mosey to the stairs near The Ruins parking lot. There are 70 total stairs from Front up to the landing near the parking lot. We would start at the bottom of the stairs and perform the following up the stairs x 2:
- Quick Step (lead with the same foot on every step) x 2 (140 stairs)
- Skip (plyometric jump skipping steps each time) x 2 (70 stairs)
- Lateral (facing left/right going up the stairs) x 2 (140 stairs)
- Lunge (every other stair) x 2 (70 stairs)
- Squat Jump (each step for the first 15 stairs then sprint to the top) x 2 (140 stairs)
- “Grizzcalator”: In plank position, ascend the stairs doing a merkin on each step
- Everest: Lunge and bring feet to the same stair and do a squat alternating the leading foot x 2 (140 stairs)
Mosey back to the parking lot. With the last 10 minutes, we did 11’s with a run in between exercises. Two exercises were BBS and Carolina Dry Docks. All PAX completed 11’s routine at 0615.
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
13 PAX (no FNGs; 1 Willy Loman – Rusty from Naperville, IL) Bottomless (QIC), MIB, Chocker, Sir-Mix-Alot, Handsy, Hitch, Easily Amused, Low Note, Crayfish, Chiocetti, Woodpecker, Four Eyes
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
Shared the common thread of the COTs that I’ve heard this week about difficulty, and failure. The idea of a stair workout is overwhelming. You look up at 70 stairs and have to come to grips with the reality that ascending those stairs will be difficult. This is especially true if you have to do this multiple times. However, this seemed a lot less daunting in community. Having brothers there for encouragement and, simply, to be there during a hard time. Christ does not make any promises that this life will be easy, but he does promise us that he will always be with us. We do not thrive in isolation; however, we can do hard things in community…even if its flights and flights of stairs.
Service project saturday…see slack for details