Squat You Say?
F3 MEMPHIS – 8 October 2018
AO: Bermuda Triangle “The Berm”
Conditions: 53°, 82% Humidity, Winds NE 8 MPH and, as always, perfect weather for a beat down
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
The mission of F3 is to plant, grow, and serve small workout groups for the invigoration of male community leadership.
- Welcome: I am not a professional
- You are participating at your own risk
- You are responsible for your own well being
- You are here voluntarily, and you are not paying to be here
- Know your limits and do the best you can, all exercises can be modified and are only suggestions.
- Mosey one lap around the building
- SSH IC X 20
- Daisy Pickers IC X 10
- Windmills IC X 10
- 8-Count Body Builder IC X 8
- Squat Circuit (10-1)
- 10 Regular, 10 Jump Squats, 10 Knee to Chest Jumps, 10 Tiptoe Squats – Repeat x9, Repeat x8, etc down to 1
- Pyramid Merkins (1-15)
- Complete one Merkin, move two parking spaces away, complete 2 Merkins, move back to starting position, 3 Merkins and move, etc to 15 Merkins
- Getup to Lunge Jump (1 Minute)
- Start on your back, roll up without using your hands, if possible, to a standing position. Then Lunge Jump Left Leg and Right Leg and repeat this for one minute.
- Bear Crawl Burpees (10-1)
- Perform 10 Burpees, bear crawl two parking spaces over, 9 Burpees, bear crawl back, 8 Burpees, etc down to 1. *Because of time and maybe even upper body fatigue, we modified the merkins right out of the burpees.
- Big Boy Sit-ups IC x 20
- Hello Dolly’s IC x 20
- Single Leg Freddy Mercury’s IC x 10/Leg
- Flutter Kicks IC x 20
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
Malco, Yard Sale, Little John, Judah, Lipton, Bail Out, Flatland, Photoshop, Geppetto (QIC), Interweb, & The Dude
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
My thoughts lately have been inhabited by what God wants us to learn through suffering. It seems that a recent rash of people I know have been going through difficult health struggles (cancer), or difficult domestic situations. I’ve drawn much comfort from meditating on “the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort”. The scripture below promises that two things will happen in and through our afflictions; 1) we will be comforted by that “Father of mercies, and God of all comfort”, and 2) we will be uniquely equipped to comfort others with the same comfort we received from the Father.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
*special prayers for the extended family of Malco; an uncle committed suicide; and for the father of Little John, who is awaiting a transplant donor; and for Fred, the father of Bailout, who is dealing with being in a cast and having to deal with new sores that have popped up.
This was my first Q since 8.27.18. Not sure how it got to be that long, but it was good to be back on Q. I love struggling through something with brothers. Nothing is good alone.