THE SCENE: The Barracks: Weather: Real nice. M
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER:
- Welcome: I am not a professional
- You are participating at your own risk
- You are responsible for your own wellbeing
- You are here voluntarily, and you are not paying to be here
- Know your limits and do the best you can, all exercises can be modified and are only suggestions.
WARM-O-RAMA: SSH, Imperial Walkers, Merkins, Squats, 1 mosey lap, stretch.
- Accelerators (Run slow to first cone about 20 yards, then faster to next cone 20 more yards.
- 50% – 80% of full sprint speed.
- 60% – 90%
- 80% – 100%
- 30 Merkins, 30 Sit-ups, 30 Squats.
- Sprint 100yd. (All You Got!!!) All do 5 body builders, winners do 10.
- 30 Calf Raises, 15 Low Bend Jumps, 15 Squat Jumps, 15 Tuck Jumps
- 25 Merkins, situps, squats.
- Sprint 100yd AYG! All do 5 body builders, winner does 10.
- Chasers: partner of similar speed. P1 lay down w head in direction you will run. P2 lay down with head toward P1’s feet. On “go,” both get up and sprint. P2 try to catch P1. At other end, repeat with P2 in front, P1 tries to catch
- Towel Run (“plowing the field”): P2 holds 2 ends of sheet/towel that passes around P1’s waist. P1 starts to run, P2 digs in to make it tough. Struggle for 7-10 yd, then release towel and complete 20 yd run. Flapjack, rinse repeat Chasers & Plowing the Field.
- 20 M-S-S.
- Sprint 50yd AYG 2x. . All do 5 body builders.
- Field: count strides across, run back in less strides, repeat w less strides 4-6 times.
- Mosey lap (cool down)
Groiners, dr w, peter parker, flutter kick.
Circle up, stretch.
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
Shoestring, Phat Pat, Tater, Soybean, Teacher’s Pet, Bottomless, Handsy, Goldilocks, Costello, Browns, Spock, Snookie, Father Abraham, MMMbop, Toms, Gus, Sir Mix A Lot, Four Eyes, Hitch, Entourage, Big City.
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
“Whetstone” relationship is one of sharpening between two men. When two men meet together for this purpose, there are three keys to success: Proximity, Purpose, and Periodicity.
Proximity: best mentor relationships have regular face to face meetings.
Purpose: meeting together not just for beer and conversation, but for closer alignment to some agreed upon standard.
Periodicity: frequent enough to warrant a commitment, not so frequent that the men are smothered.
Tclaps to Goldilocks for huffing and puffing up to first place on some sprints. And for learning some #lexicon this week. Plenty more, and the rabbithole gets way deeper.
Non-Tclaps to Foureyes for fartsacking a few min into this workout and showing up late w the weinke. Good work getting us going, Hitch. These ideas were his brain-children.
F3 Day of Service!
May 5, SOS Spring Clean from 8:30 – 12:00, and Dia del Ninos from 11:00 – 5:00. Put it on your calendar and find some clown car compatriots.