Short Circuit with a Splash of Merlot
F3 MEMPHIS – 19 June 2018
AO: Bermuda Triangle “The Berm”
Conditions: 76 degrees/80% Humidity – Perfect BC Conditions
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
- Welcome: I am not a professional
- You are participating at your own risk
- You are responsible for your own wellbeing
- You are here voluntarily, and you are not paying to be here
- Know your limits and do the best you can, all exercises can be modified and are only suggestions.
- Capri Lap (Mosey around the building)
- SSH IC x 20
- Arm Circles IC x 10 R and 10 L
- Daisy Pickers IC X 10
- Cheerleaders (squat jacks) IC X 10 (I lost my notecards; I think we forgot to do this.)
- 4-Minute Routine – All together, PAX perform Punisher Squats for 20 seconds with a 10 second Squat Hold, then 30 seconds of Full Body Extensions. Minute Two – 20 seconds of Punisher Squats and 10 second Squat Hold, then 30 seconds of Merkins. Minute 3 – 20 seconds of Punisher Squats with 10 second Squat Hold, then 30 seconds of Cross Body Mountain Climbers. Minute Four – 20 seconds of Punisher Squats with 10 second Squat Hold, then 20 seconds of Full Body Extensions with 10 second Squat Hold to finish the leg burn.
- Mosey to the Pull Up Bars
- One Minute Rotations – PAX perform 40 seconds of an exercise, then take 20 seconds to rest and rotate to the next exercise. There were 7 different exercises. Cycling through the 7 exercises is one round, at which point there are 50 seconds of recovery. The plan was to cycle through 4 times, but we only made it through just over halfway.
- Tricep Dips
- Squat Jumps
- Carolina Dry Docks
- Plyo Lunges (Jumping Lunges)
- Big Boy Sit Ups
Once routine is complete, mosey back to the parking lot.
- Sprint 8 – In order to provide much needed rest to our sore and fatigued muscles, we turned to running to further wear us down. PAX line up at a starting point and sprint as quickly as possible to an ending point, immediately walk back to the starting point, and rinse and repeat, until 8 sprints have been completed. This is done individually.
- Back Plank x 20-count
- Freddy Mercury’s IC x 20
- Boxcutter IC x 15
- Outlaw OYO x 10 R and 10 L
- Back Plank x 20-count
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
11 PAX (no FNGs) Vocals, Mothballs, Notasport, Bullwinkle, Kreuger, Water Boy, Rabbit, Green Mile, Commando, Snookie, (YHC) Geppetto
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
Zacchaeus in Luke 19 went from defrauding people before he encountered Jesus to paying them back 4 times. Jesus revolutionized his life and it showed in his generosity.
Contrast the Rich Young Ruler from earlier in Luke, who was exceedingly sorrowful at the thought of giving up his wealth to follow Christ.
We should give in a way that actually causes us sacrifice. In 2 Samuel, David was going to make a sacrifice to the Lord, and a king offered to give him all he needed for the sacrifice, but David refused to take it, because he did not want to offer up something to God that didn’t cost him anything.
Welcome back, Water Boy, 51 years old, RESPECT. My biggest takeaway is that a BC does not have to be perfect, just challenging. Then when the challenge is almost too much, it is the encouragement of the brother to the left or right, who helps me meet and beat the challenge. Thanks to the F3 Brotherhood for pushing, pulling, picking up, encouraging, and rooting for the guys around you. I heard some great encouragement throughout the BC from several HIM. When I could process my thoughts, I heard shouts of encouragement from Snookie, Rabbit and Notasport. Good work, Men! Also, shout out to the Splashers of Merlot (or Merlotians?) for hopping right back into the BC and finishing strong.
- Service Project: Chick-fil-A Family Picnic and Field Day on 6/30/18; see O Positive for details.
- GROWRUCK is coming…9/21-9/23.