Ricky Bobby – If you ain’t first your last!
THE SCENE: January 4th – Misty morning, mid 40s, perfect condition for the Ricky Bobby
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
Basic warm up with Side Straddle Hops, Daisy Pickers, Imperial Walkers…added 4×4 to the end to get the arms warmed up
THE RICKY BOBBY – This is good run/bootcamp workout for those RB fans
- We completed leg and arm exercises to start 20 squats, 19 plank jacks (2019 themed since we were still close to New Year)
- Once we were all in on the bootcamp exercises we started our Indian Run around the parking lot. We had a few PAX that walked a shorter lap to modify. The final 1/4 of the lap is an all out sprint to the flags Ricky Bobby style
- Once we were back at the flags we did more legs and arms (20/19) and then ran the RB lap. We repeated this program until it was time for the Mary
- This workout was given to me by my brother, Alcatraz, who lives in Charlotte near the mothership. Interesting fact….when I was in Charlotte over the break we were on a run in my brothers neighborhood and we ran by a house with a guy putting a new car luggage rack on his trailer hitch. After we ran by my brother said, “that was Dreed’s house and that was probably him under the car putting that rack on.” It felt a little cultish that I was really excited to know where Dreed lives.
- At the end of the Ricky Bobby several of the Morg regulars told me they don’t run much so I felt good that we changed it up for a Friday
Basic Mary – LBCs, Flutter, Box, Mountain Climbers, held plank until the end
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
9 PAX no FNGs – Choker, Streaker, Wallbuilder, Commie, Granola, Orange Julius, Rosetta Stone, Mr. Wonderful, Laettner
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
We talked about servant leadership and I described servant leadership as the act of doing what your team does and doing it together. For me this is what F3 represents. The Q is not telling the team what to do and holding a clipboard, the Q is right there next to the PAX crushing burpees, merkins, etc.
Pray for Streaker – his father recently passed away and his mother has been in the hospital.
Choker talked about Q Source with O Positive which he and I attended at lunch yesterday at Whole Foods. Granola announced some upcoming Ruck activities and something about 3 in the morning which I immediately tuned out. 🙂