THE SCENE: Cold and windy but not like our northern region brothers (0 degrees in Pittsburgh, -19 wind chill).
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER: Done along with the 3 F’s, Mission statement, and 5 core principles.
WARM-O-RAMA: SSH x 20 IC, 5 tiered Burpee pyramid (25 total reps)
Weak at pull-ups, usually due to: 1. lack of grip strength, 2. lack of bicep strength, 3. lack of back muscle strength, 4. lack of ‘mind to muscle’ connectivity (your mind engaging with your back muscles to do the lifting)
- Bear crawl mosey to CMU, PAX each carried one CMU and one Paving stone down to pull-up bars
- Paired up and performed rounds consisting of two exercises with three sets each
- 1st round (Dead Hang and Inverted Rows), 2 PAX hung from the pull-up bar, legs and arms straight, shoulders pinched together for 1/2 minute, 1 minute, and 2 minutes. 2 PAX performed inverted rows under the dip bars, 5 reps, 10 reps, 20 reps. Switched stations rinse and repeat.
- 2nd round (Hammer curls with CMU and Skull Crushers with CMU), 2 PAX performed 3 sets of 10 reps of Hammer Curls while 2 PAX performed 3 sets of 10 reps of Skull Crushers lying on benches. Switched stations after each set.
- 3rd round (Standing Row with CMU and Deadlifts with CMU) 3 sets of 10 each alternating between sets.
- 4th round (Farmers Carry and Paver Pinch) 2 PAX grabbed 2 CMUs each and walked 100 yds out and back while the other 2 PAX lifted a paver stone from waiste to chest while standing with straight arms (shoulders and back). Finger tips were only used to grip paver, no palms.
MARY: X-ups x 20 IC, Dying Cockroach x 10 IC, Glute Bridge x 10 IC
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
4PAX, 0 FNGs (Ups, Lipton, Gobbler, Tomb Raider)
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
Live a life that is in contrast to our world, our culture, and society. It is difficult to live counter cultural while at the same time engaging our culture. It is difficult to show compassion without compromise. It is difficult to show love and share truth. However, we are to live a life that is in contrast to the world in which we are a part of. Not a life that shuns the world but a life that engages, loves, and declares truth.
To live as a slave to Jesus is to be a radical, a rebel, therefore live the life that you have been given as different so that others may see Him and find hope, freedom, and peace.
Not much movement of the body for this one. Lots of digit strength work and a concentration on form and endurance. This coupled with the frigid temps and biting wind equated much numbness. A good one to return to again with warmer conditions.
Gobble really gutted it out there for his second BC ever. PLC was by far the shortest ever on record as we scattered for the warmth of our urban steeds. I even broke down and drove the mini-van today in part due to the roudy U-rock/Gus mumblechatter regarding and my M’s half asleep suggestion at 0430 that I do so. (U-rock, I was once like you and swore I’d never purchase a mini-van. I enjoy your youthfulness)
Q slots open next Wed. and Thursday at the Berm. Fill out the 2nd F lunch survey.