Preblast for the Week of September 4th
Highlights for This Week:
Check out this week’s highlights:
- Please note the following schedule changes:
- AO-Armory: Wednesday start time is moving to 5:30. This is now a 45 min NMLB Running AO
- Changes for our Midtown & Downtown AO’s Schedules starting September 1st:
- Old Forest – M/W
- Catalog – T/TH
- Sandlot – F
- AO-Ruins 2.0 or potential AO name tbd (near Tom lee park) – Wednesday
- Proposed launch for late October
- Black OPs prior to launch
- First Q is September 6th. Look to #announcements for details
- IPC at Sandlot Fridays in September
- GrowRuck is coming to Memphis in November 2024! It’s going to be great and we are going to be ready. In Sptember, record a 10 mile ruck and holla at Evan All Mighty (Noah Guess) and he’ll bestow upon you a patch. If that’s not your style, post 4 straight weeks rucking at THE 1 HOUR AO, AO-Barracks on Wednesdays, and you can also earn a patch. “Pray for rain if ya bad” is just another way of saying “I’ll embrace the suck,” hard things suck but we will do ’em!
The Week in Review:
M: 68, T: 71, W: 52, Th: 64, F: 72, Weekend: 59 = 386 Total Posts!
9 FNGs (Welcome!): T-Claps for these HIMs joining the fold! Be sure to encourage them to continue posting and making F3 a part of their daily routine. Welcome to the F3 community Foghorn, Roo, Vijay Singh, Chico, Cobbler, Booyah, Smokestack, Tarzan, & Big Country.
Club 345 Streak: 3!!! The streak is officially alive! T-Claps for the him that posted Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and TWICE on Saturday: Ponzi (Jeff Black).
1st F: Fitness
AO and Q Passport Challenge started over in the new year! Post to all 25 F3 Memphis AOs to earn the AO Passport Patch. Step Up and Q at all 25 of the F3 Memphis AOs to earn the Q Passport Patch!
From the Desk of our 1stF Q, Average Joe:
1st F Magnet Flag Challenge: Congratulations AO-Neverland!!! With 4 FNGs, 4 Kotters, 1 VQ, 3 Sophomore Posts, & 2 Sophomore Qs, they scored a record 176.25 points which just endged out AO-Mothership with 165 points.
For those new to F3, you may be wondering what is this “IPC” I’ve been hearing about?
The Iron Pax Challenge (IPC) is an annual challenge held every September where the entire nation does the same workout that week and tracks their score. Scores are usually “for time” (how fast) or “number of reps” (how far). Get ready to complete some crazy stuff “for time” OR you’re given a certain amount of time and you track the “number of reps” completed.
You can sign up to track your metrics here: F3 Greenwood IPC Don’t be shy! Yes, we’re competing against other PAX throughout the nation but you’re really COMPETING AGAINST YOURSELF. It’s a ton of fun if you embrace it and use this month to really push yourself!
The weekly workouts are posted every Saturday evening with a written explanation and demo video. I highly recommend you read and/or watch these descriptions BEFORE showing up to your IPC day.
Arrive early to stretch on your own. Some of these IPC’s take the full 45 mins or a bit longer. Come prepared with anything you need in the description and ready to give it your all!
3rd F: Faith
From the Desk of our 3rdF Q, Psalty:
See a PAX making an impact in his community? DM Psalty (Andrew Woods) with your nomination for the next monthly HIM Highlight.
Q Source Weekly Weinke
Lead Right is about exhibiting the behaviors of an Effective AND Virtuous Leader
Many visions never make it outside of the heads of those who have them. Articulation improves with practice, but is the ability by the Virtuous Leader to influence others to work cooperatively toward the accomplishment of the Vision by igniting a palpable desire for action in their hearts. Hit that :heart: emoji if you read this.
Link to further reading: https://f3nation.com/q/articulation/
F3 Memphis Book Club
F3 Memphis PAX recently began reading/discussing a new book, The Second Mountain, on Fridays at AO-Bermuda-Triangle. Workout takes place from 5:30-5:50AM with the book discussion following from 5:50-6:15AM. Come join in the discussion and get better!