Preblast for the Week of November 8th
Check out what we did last week:
M:57, T:51, W:53, Th:45, F:54, Weekend:37 = 297 Total Posts!
FNGs (Welcome!): Vibes, Leaves of Three
WLs: Go Fish (Kotter)
Congrats to the men of Old Forest who took home the KOTB Flag!
Eli Grow 8K was held this past weekend in Tullahoma, TN.
Winter is coming, click here to learn how to layer up for the early morning gloom.
Highlights for this week (TL/DR):
Veterans Day Chad 1000X Hero WOD Thursday 5:30 AM at AO Blazing Saddles
Inspector Gadget VQ Friday 5:30 AM at AO Sandlot
November Challenge is underway
Patch Challenge at AO Annex
1ST F – Fitness
Chad 1000X Hero WOD is this Thursday on 11/11 (Veteran’s Day) and will be held at AO Blazing Saddle. You can register and/or donate to receive a shirt and patch if you wish. 100% of the proceeds go to the Navy Seal Foundation for veteran suicide prevention. https://chad1000x.com/
1000X Step Ups completed as a team, partner, or individual for time.
1. Slick // No rucksack. You pick the height of the step-ups.
2. Standard // 30#/20# rucksack. You pick the height of the step-ups.
3. Expert // 45# rucksack. Use 20″ box for step-ups.
There will be Food during PLC so make sure to HC!
Your November Monthly Challenge is here. Click HERE to submit your results.
November 5 event challenges. Incorporate them into your Q, do them with your Shieldlock, pre-boot camp warm up, and/or knock them out all together one Saturday morning. Can you complete all 5 for the month? Yes, you can.
- Super FAST mile. Run a mile at your fastest pace possible whether thats 10+ or sub 6’s. Time the mile, check the box and post your best time.
- Do the BERT Hero WOD.
- 3 x 1 minute high plank in under 5 minutes.
- 50 (2=1) Bonnie Blairs non stop.
- Super Merkin Mile (100 reps at each 1/4 mile).
Grimace has a patch Challenge for those who post to AO Annex. For more details go post at AO Annex
AO and Q Passport Challenge is underway. Post to all 24 F3 Memphis AOs to receive the AO Passport Patch. Step Up and Q all 24 F3 Memphis AOs to receive the Q Passport Patch! Time is running out. You have until the end of 2021 to complete this challenge. DM me if you are questioning where you stand. Stats are based on slack blasts.
Find the workout location nearest to you right HERE
2ND F – Fellowship
Get to Know Your AOQs:
|Birth Name:||John Berger|
|What’s the story behind your F3 name?||My last name is Berger, so Gus named me after that purple creature “Grimace” from Ronald McDonald land.|
|What’s the best piece of advice someone has given you?||“Do it right, do it light. Do it wrong, do it long.” – my high school basketball coach as we ran red lines over and over again on the court.|
|If you were an action figure, what accessories would you be sold with?||Bow and arrow|
|What is something that you’re really good at, that is embarrasing?||Halo 2 and 3|
|What is one thing you’ve done that you will never do again?||Pay $ for a workout.|
|How many languages do you speak?||1|
|What was your first job?||Lowes – Paint Department|
|What is the strongest animal you could win against?||I killed a 600 pound bull elk once with a pointy stick.|
|What would be the worst thing to put into a piñata?||Cockroaches|
|What are you most thankful for?||Excluding obvious answers…gravity.|
AO Bermuda Triangle is having a pot luck during PLC on Thanksgiving(Thursday 11/25). Sign up to bring something good to eat or drink! Checkout the sign up sheet HERE!
High Impact Happy Hour is after hours fellowship happening in different parts of the city on a monthly basis.
Bartlett/Arlington/Cordova meets 1st Friday 7 PM at Buffalo Wild Wings: 8385 US Hwy 64, Ste 101, Memphis, TN 38133
Germantown meets 2nd Tuesday 8 PM at Mellow Mushroom: 9155 Poplar Ave Suite 26, Germantown, TN 38138
Collierville meets the 3rd Wednesday 7:30 PM at Highlander Pub: 78 N Main St, Collierville, TN 38017
East/Midtown/Downtown Memphis meets the Last Friday 4 PM at Memphis Made Brewing Co. 768 Cooper Street, Memphis, TN
Checkout #2F-lunches if you want to grab lunch with your bros!
Checkout out Events Calendar for more 2nd F.
3RD F – Faith
F3 Nation is hosting its annual fundraiser Give 2 Give 2021. Learn More by clicking HERE. You may recall that we received monetary support from F3 nation last year for a local charity in the Memphis area. This is where that money goes. Feel free to donate as you see fit.
Give2Give 2021 will provide further acceleration of F3 and the local regions as we:
- Continue supporting the growth of F3 Nation. We’re accelerating toward a goal of 250,000 PAX by 2025. F3 Nation will continue to rely on fundraising efforts – both through Give2Give and individuals, corporations and foundations – who recognize the world-changing impact F3 provides. Last year F3 experienced 35% growth, and there’s plenty more to come in 2022.
- Create a sustainable future for F3 and F3 Foundation. While F3 will ALWAYS be FREE of charge, it takes financial resources to operate a mission-minded organization that serves 50,000+ individuals in 40 states and six countries. Creating a lean operational margin will allow F3 to both be creative with our growth strategies and events (e.g. GrowRuck, 2nd and 3rd F events) and weather any future storms (e.g. COVID, Economic downturn) that may prevent us from reaching our goals to bring F3 to every Sad Clown in the world.
- Grant more monies to local regions throughout F3’s footprint. As regions accelerate their charitable impact, F3 Foundation seeks to provide more opportunities to apply for regions to apply for funding. The more funds we raise, the more we can give away. More regions have more impact – exponentially – will be part of how F3 delivers on the IMPACT that other groups only dream of. Last year’s Give2Give provided more than $277,000 of charitable IMPACT through Foundation grants and localized regional fundraising.
Q Source Topic of the Week:
FAILURE (Q4.5) An Undesirable Outcome That Builds The Leadership Foundation Checkout the link and use it as talking points for shield locks, COTs, and on the slack channel #Q-Source-Q
WHETSTONE (Q1.8)- The Vertical Relationship Between Men
We have 21 Memphis PAX who have stepped up to be a “Stone” in the F3 Memphis Whetstone initiative. So far, 9 “Blades” have emerged for sharpening, accountability, & growth. If you are a looking to take the next step in F3, click & read the link above and then reach out to Boudreaux to get a list of available Stones.
Join team F3 Memphis and register HERE for the 2021 St Jude Marathon on Saturday, December 4. Contact Yoga Matt with any questions.
If you want to post something in next week’s preblast, let me know by Saturday. Hit that :turkey: emoji if you read this.