Preblast for the Week of May 22nd
The Week in Review:
M: 67 T: 59, W: 59, Th: 64, F: 58, Weekend: 55 = 362 Total Posts!
3 FNGs (Welcome!): Jammer, Pre-Work, & Jeff Gordon are the latest PAX to join our ranks. Give these HIMs a warm introduction the next time you post with them at a workout.
2 Willie Lomans (Welcome!): Chain Gang (F3 Atlanta) and G-String (F3 Ashland – Ohio) joined us during their travels this week.
1 Kotter (Welcome Back!): Welcome back Goodfellow! Cheers to joining us again.
Club 345: Cheers to the 2 PAX this week that posted every day and twice on Saturday! Echo (Jonathan Morrow) & Evan Almighty (Noah Guess) earned another stripe for their decorated CMUs.
Club 345 Streak: The current 345 streak sits at 8!! Which PAX will step up this week to extend the streak another week?
Highlights for This Week:
- The Annual F3 Memphis Crawfish Boil has a date (June 3rd), a time (3 – 6 PM), and a location (locHTe’s house), and a planning committee ready to go. Details below from our 2ndF Q, Scarecrow (JT Pitner).
- Mr. Socko (Harry Heinz) is on the schedule for his VQ on Thursday, May 25th, at AO-Lair. Make plans to join and encourage this HIM as he steps up to lead.
- Saturday, May 27th, please join your fellow PAX for our Memorial Day Convergence at AO-Barracks. Hero WODs are planned for 0500, 0600, & 0700. Fultimat3 will commence promptly at 0545. Hit that :flag-us: emoji if you read this.
- On June 10th, F3-Memphis will converge at AO-Mothership for a bootcamp and CPR training led by Hosedragger (Kevin Hunt). Keep an eye on Slack for further details.
- The May HIM Highlight is live. Check out the post lifting up Tomb Raider (Ryan Parish) and sharing the work he does for those that are suffering.
From the Desk of our Nantan, Turkey Leg:
- Across The Nation – May challenge is back: http://f3cleveland.com/f3maychallenge/ and https://f3cleveland.com/f3-may-challenge-points-rules-and-faqs/
- So far we have 14 teams signed up representing F3 Memphis.
Check out this list of HIMs that are in the top 20 for the exercises. Make sure to encourage them as they keep F3 Memphis at the top of the charts (4 of the top 7 teams).
1st F: Fitness
AO and Q Passport Challenge started over in the new year! Post to all 25 F3 Memphis AOs to earn the AO Passport Patch. Step Up and Q at all 25 of the F3 Memphis AOs to earn the Q Passport Patch!
There are only 17 Q Passport Challenge patches left before they’re gone forever!! Don’t miss your opportunity, especially those of you new to F3 Memphis, to earn one of these cherished prizes.
From the Desk of our 1stF Q, Average Joe:
1stF Magnet Flag Challenge Update:
The May 1stF Magnet Flag is still very much in play. Currently AO-Mothership is in first place with 40 points with 1 Kotter and 2 Second Post PAX. AO-Air Up There and AO-Dolly’s Depot are tied in 2nd place with 25 points. Still well within striking distance. Remember, this is a weighted competition based on FNGs, Kotters, VQs, FNG 2nd Posts, and Sophomore Qs.
The individual F3 Memphis May challenge will be the same rules as the Rucking portion of the F3 National Team Challenge. Our top 3 points earners will win the “Ruck Around and Find Out” patch for their efforts.
The Annual F3 Crawfish Boil is a great opportunity for some 2nd and 3rd F! Bring the fam, eat some weird bugs (or hot dogs…but those are mostly for the 2.0s), and make a difference for Yo Yo Ma’s (Ellis Rich) employer, World Relief.
Purchase your “tickets” from YHC by May 30th, and lemme know if you have any questions. Can’t wait to have a blast and impact our community with you HIMs!!
The East Memphis crew is getting the Spring calendar full for a number of 2ndF gatherings:
June 10th– Evan All Mighty (Noah Guess) will be hosting a family shindig from 6 pm – 8:30pm and food will be provided. Just bring your family and some drinks.
Don’t forget to let your friendly Weasel Shaker know if you’re planning an F2 event.
3rd F: Faith
From the Desk of our 3rdF Q, Psalty:
See a PAX making an impact in his community? DM Psalty (Andrew Woods) with your nomination for the next monthly HIM Highlight.
Q Source Weekly Weinke
Get Right – the first step of personal alignment – a Leader takes the Daily Red Pill – his commitment to accelerate his fitness, fellowship and faith.
Faith is accelerated both in the privacy of study and prayer, as well as in the company of others.
Iron sharpens iron, and the Pro realizes it is not always about himself – his brothers may be in a deeper valley than himself.
Link to further reading:
F3 Memphis Book Club
F3 Memphis PAX recently began reading/discussing a new book, Atomic Habits, on Fridays at AO-Bermuda-Triangle. Workout takes place from 5:30-5:50AM with the book discussion following from 5:50-6:15AM. Come join in the discussion and get better!