Preblast for the Week of August 28th
Highlights for This Week:
Check out this week’s highlights:
- Take the opportunity this week to thank Croissant (John Poissant) as he presides in a transfer of
unlimited power. Join Ball-peen (Josh Blase) as he assumes AOQ duties at AO-Morg on Monday, August 28th.
- VQ Alert!!!!! Make plans to join Huggies (Brad Spencer) on Tuesday, August 29th, at AO-Neverland as this HIM is stepping up to lead his VQ.
- AO-Mothership v AO-Neverland: The OG vs The Home of the A.S.S. 5K Challenge. Details included.
- Iron Pax Challenge (IPC) details from Average Joe (Jimmy Madeksho) are included in this week’s blast below.
- GrowRuck is coming to Memphis in November 2024! It’s going to be great and we are going to be ready. Starting next week, record a 10 mile ruck and holla at Evan All Mighty (Noah Guess) and he’ll bestow upon you a patch. If that’s not your style, post 4 straight weeks rucking at THE 1 HOUR AO, AO-Barracks on Wednesdays, and you can also earn a patch. “Pray for rain if ya bad” is just another way of saying “I’ll embrace the suck,” hard things suck but we will do ’em!
The Week in Review:
M: 67, T: 66, W: 60, Th: 68, F: 61, Weekend: 75 = 397 Total Posts!
3 FNGs (Welcome!): T-Claps for these HIMs joining the fold! Be sure to encourage them to continue posting and making F3 a part of their daily routine. Welcome to the F3 community Birdman, The Don, Lt. Dan,
Club 345 Streak: 2!! A streak is getting closer. T-Claps for these hims that posted Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and TWICE on Saturday: Caveman (Isaac Guess) & Echo (Jonathan Morrow).
1st F: Fitness
AO and Q Passport Challenge started over in the new year! Post to all 25 F3 Memphis AOs to earn the AO Passport Patch. Step Up and Q at all 25 of the F3 Memphis AOs to earn the Q Passport Patch!
From the Desk of our 1stF Q, Average Joe:
1st F Magnet Flag Challenge: The duel between AO-Mothership & AO-Neverland is getting heated with accusations of fake
news stats being tossed around. AO-Mothership has give it her best shot but AO-Neverland has one last shot at greatness. The pending VQ from @Huggies (Brad Spencer) will get them close but they’ll need to add an FNG or a Kotter to claim the crown. Hit that :peach: emoji if you read this.
For those new to F3, you may be wondering what is this “IPC” I’ve been hearing about?
The Iron Pax Challenge (IPC) is an annual challenge held every September where the entire nation does the same workout that week and tracks their score. Scores are usually “for time” (how fast) or “number of reps” (how far). Get ready to complete some crazy stuff “for time” OR you’re given a certain amount of time and you track the “number of reps” completed.
You can sign up to track your metrics here: F3 Greenwood IPC Don’t be shy! Yes, we’re competing against other PAX throughout the nation but you’re really COMPETING AGAINST YOURSELF. It’s a ton of fun if you embrace it and use this month to really push yourself!
The weekly workouts are posted every Saturday evening with a written explanation and demo video. I highly recommend you read and/or watch these descriptions BEFORE showing up to your IPC day.
Arrive early to stretch on your own. Some of these IPC’s take the full 45 mins or a bit longer. Come prepared with anything you need in the description and ready to give it your all!
3rd F: Faith
From the Desk of our 3rdF Q, Psalty:
See a PAX making an impact in his community? DM Psalty (Andrew Woods) with your nomination for the next monthly HIM Highlight.
Q Source Weekly Weinke
Lead Right is about exhibiting the behaviors of an Effective AND Virtuous Leader
Vision is the ability to recognize Advantage and the Movement required to achieve it. Vision includes the series of Waypoints or stepping stones that form the pathway to accomplishing the group’s purpose.
Link to further reading: https://f3nation.com/q/vision/
F3 Memphis Book Club
F3 Memphis PAX recently began reading/discussing a new book, The Second Mountain, on Fridays at AO-Bermuda-Triangle. Workout takes place from 5:30-5:50AM with the book discussion following from 5:50-6:15AM. Come join in the discussion and get better!