THE SCENE: Extremely pleasant 62 degrees. The Cockpit is a beautiful AO. Such a peaceful setting with the quiet park and the farmland surrounding it.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
Done and done.
Note: todays bootcamp was inspired by 2 previous BCs YHC has posted at. Hence the portmanteau. The first was Granolas “Daft Punk” at the Berm. Backblast can be found here: http://f3memphis.com/?s=daft+punk
The second was Phat Pats “Noodle arms in a Monsoon” at the Morg: http://f3memphis.com/?s=Noodle+arms+in+a+monsoon
I’ll be honest, I didn’t actually think I would find the second backblast but, low and behold, it was there when I needed it. (Sorry for doubting you brother.)
Both these Qs left me with memories that will be with me until the dementia allows me to only remember my favorite flavor of jello in the nursing home.
- YHC was met by 4 eager PAX who were more than ready to get started. Tree Hugger (at YHC asking) played his Bluetooth to SiriusXm allowing us to complete several of the particular exercises to music.
- Daisy pickers 10 IC
- American hammer 20 IC
- Flutterkicks 20 IC
- Nolan Ryans 10 each side IC
- Mosey around the track
- 3 songs (sorry YHC doesn’t know what the exact ones we listened to were) :
- First one-bodybuilders all the way through
- Second-jump lunges 2 each leg then 4 burpees.
- Third-body squats.
- Took a second mosey around the track to the Tennis Court.
- Used 4 corners on the Tennis court Used a CMU and a Laz Plate (thanks Lazarus)
- Corner 1-100 Body Squats
- Corner 2-75 Overhead press with the CMUCorner 3-50 American Hammers (2 is 1)
- Corner 4-25 Tricep Extensions with the Laz Plate.MARY:
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
Short Timer, Gilligan, Duct Tape, Tree Hugger, Orange Julius
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
Have been reading some Old Testament passages lately that have stood out in my mind.
- 10The mountains saw you, and they trembled: the overflowing of the water passed by: the deep uttered its voice, and lifted up its hands on high.11The sun and moon stood still in their habitation: at the light of your arrows they went, and at the shining of your glittering spear.12You did march through the land in indignation, you did trample the nations in anger.
- 17Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be on the vines; the labor of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no food; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:18Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.19The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like deer’s feet, and he will make me walk upon my high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.
- These verses really speak out to me as to the nature of God. He is both awesome and terrible in his power, shaking the universe with a nod of his head, controlling the world in his hands, and setting the course for men and nations. Yet he is also loving and gentle. He cares about each and everyone of us. The passage, though descriptive of Gods majesty and power, really demonstrates Gods objectives in our Salvation by ending with words of reassurance and who we should be putting our trust in.
- Prayers for Short Timers friend who underwent surgery today at Le Bonheur Hospital. Prayers for safety for Duct Tape as he travels to Jacksonville, Florida.
Hats off to Short Timer for consistency at the Cockpit. It does not go unnoticed.