Peter Parkers Every 3 Minutes…
AO: Old Forest
SCENE: Cool morning.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
***At 0530 YHC set a 3 minute repeating timer on my phone. I instructed the PAX that every time my phone beeped (every 3 minutes) we would stop whatever we were doing and perform 10 Peter Parkers (2=1). Peter Parker = low plank (elbows on ground), pull knees up to your side one at a time.
- SSH (IC) – 30
- Daisy Pickers (IC) – 15
- IW (IC) – 10 (*we were interrupted after 5 count for the first of many times by the beeping of my phone and stopped to perform 10 Peter Parkers 2=1. Afterwards we resumed IW’s and got to 10)
Mosey to the playground.
Everyone perform as many pull-ups and dips as possible within the next 5 minutes. We were interrupted twice to perform more Peter Parkers. After 5 minutes, we all moseyed back to the parking lot for a round of 40’s.
40’s with Merkins and Forward Lunges (1=1).
- Perform 5 merkins on south side of parking lot.
- Side shuffle facing west to the north end of the parking lot.
- Perform 35 forward lunges (1=1).
- Side shuffle back to south end of parking lot facing west the whole time.
- This time, perform 10 merkins, 30 lunges. Then 15, 25, etc…
All the while we kept getting interrupted to perform more Peter Parkers.
Those who finished early alternated between planking and flutter kicks until all in.
We finished a little early so we all ran back to the playground and all PAX were instructed to perform either 10 standard pull ups or 20 aussie style pull ups plus 10 free hanging dips or 20 heals on the ground dips.
20 calf raises OYO.
***Again, constantly interrupted even during Mary for more Peter Parkers…smh
- American Hammer (IC) – 25
- Hello Dalai Lama (IC) – 15
- At this point, YHC was too tired to continue to count and began calling on other PAX to choose a Mary exercise and lead. We did hello dolly, manatee, Carolina Dry Docks, LBC’s, another round of calf raises, and maybe one more thing. Oh, and the timer chimed a final time right at 0615 so we ended with one final set of Peter Parkers.
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
13 – Teacher’s Pet, Bottomless, Altar Boy, Chioccetti, Carmen San Diego, ISS, MIB, Fishbowl, Dewey, Low Note, Easily Amused, Jail Bait (Irish Goodbye), Handsy (QIC)
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
YHC challenged the PAX (including myself) to put your phone in a drawer when you get home from work for the day to spend time focused on people you love…could be wife, kids, roommates, or even just getting some time to yourself without the distraction of the phone.
Workout was hard. But enjoyable with this group of PAX.
Service Project THIS WEEKEND!
SOS Annual Spring Clean
Saturday, May 4th
8:30am – 12:00pm
2505 Poplar Avenue, Memphis, TN
Coffee and Donuts provided.
Come help SOS prepare to host nearly 1500 volunteers for the summer as they come to provide critical home repairs for 30 low-income homeowners in 3 of Memphis’s most vulnerable communities.