Old Forest Island Laps
- Location: The Old Forest
- Conditions: mid to upper 30s
- QIC: Teacher’s Pet
- PAX: Crayfish, Pirtle, Sir Mix-A-Lot, Four Eyes, Shoestring, Ghost Dog, Handsy, Blowback, Recoil, Ergo (new to F3Memphis; named at F3Knox), PopStar, Cargo, Soybean, Browns, AND 2 FNGS (Buffet and Bushwhacker)
- Fwd Arm Circles
- Reverse Arm Circles
GROUP work (count off 1s & 2s)
- lunge walk one length, 1 burpee, sprint to starting, 5 jump squats
- Lunge Walk, 2 burpees, sprint, 10 jump squats
- Lunge Walk, 3 burpees, sprint, 15 jump squats
- Lunge Walk, 4 burpees, sprint, 20 jump squats
- Lunge Walk, 5 burpees, sprint, 25 jump squats
Reps of 5 Merkins, 5 Dips, 5 BBS. Rinsing and repeating until group 1 finishes the 25 jump squats then the groups swap.
Omaha for time (was going to do 11s or 7s):
5 Squats, Sprint 50 yards, 5 BBS, Sprint 50, 5 Carolina Dry Docks, Sprint 50, 5 ??, Sprint 50, 5 Jump Squats, 2 30 Second Sprints
- Hello Dolly
- Baby Makers
- One leg up then alternate
- 30 sec Bridge Hold
COT: Life is real; Death is real; Hope is real. Seems like there have been people all around me who’ve experienced death of loved ones (IE: YHC’s cousin Matt). Shared story of 12/10/17 church service where 2 men who’ve experienced traumatic events in recent weeks (murder and miscarriage) huddled around and prayed for a brother who was dealing with miscarriage with his M. Matt was said to have “Won the victory over cancer” by the pastor who preached his funeral. His life verse that was shared at his funeral was Romans 8:38-39:
38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Christ is our hope.
Post Workout Abvent: Today is 11th so we did 36 BBS, then 36 LBCs in cadence (=72)
- Abvent participants: Soybean, Pirtle, Cargo, YHC
Moleskin: Fun workout that provided both opportunity during lunge walks and repsof5 for mumblechatter and ended with sprints that made PAX short of breath. YHC was happy to have successfully recruited three friends to post after two to three month recruitment (#ABH, amirite?). FNG from last week (Handsy) + FNG from today (Bushwhacker) live close enough by OF for a quick mosey, love for them to rotate into the Qing mix sooner than later!