Old Forest Boot Camp 2-18-19
AO: The Old Forest (MAP it), 2-18-19
THE SCENE: 32*, felt colder.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
Did it, including sharing the mission of F3 (and repeated disclaimer two more times for latecomers)
- Merkins (IC) – 10
- SSH (IC) – 25
- Merkins (IC) – 10
- Daisy Pickers (IC) – 10
- Merkins (IC) – 8
- Arm Circles (little, big) (IC) – 10 forward, 10 in reverse
- Merkins (IC) – 6
- Mosey 2 laps around the big parking lot island
Mosey to the playground and partner up. Each pair will complete the following (combined total reps as a pair)
- 50 Pull-ups (partner spotting or Aussie pull-ups to modify)
- 50 BBSU’s (with partner holding feet, and keeping hands behind head the whole time)
Once all in, mosey back to far north end of parking lot island.
11’s with 8-count Body Builders and Peter Parker’s
- Perform 1 8-count body builder
- Side shuffle facing east down to the far south end of the big parking lot island.
- Perform 10 Peter Parker’s
- Side shuffle back to north end of parking lot island, still facing east.
- 2 body builders, side shuffle, 9 Peter Parker’s…etc.
We all nearly finished before having to cut it off a little short for some Mary. High plank until all finished their last round.
- American Hammer (IC) – 25
- Dying cockroach (IC) – 15
- Box cutters (IC) – 14
***At this point, YHC was winded and asked for others to lead some Mary***
- Teacher’s Pet called and led LBC’s (IC) – 20
- Someone else (not sure who) called and led Hello Dolly (IC) – 25
- Someone else may have called something else, but I can’t remember!
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
18 – Bottomless, Soybean, Teacher’s Pet, MIB, Toaster, Crayfish, Easily Amused, Doc Hollywood, Sir Mix-a-lot, Dewey, Fishbowl, Costello, One and Done, Jail Bait, Nature Boy, Low Note, Stay Puft, Handsy (QIC)
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
Reminded the PAX of Crayfish’s challenge from two weeks ago – when you think you are totally spent, you still usually have at least 40% left! I actually needed that this morning, I felt really spent most of the workout, but kept reminding myself that I had more in the tank than I thought. Keep pushing!
We had Cheesesteak lined up to Q but he was up most of the night with one of his 2.0’s and couldn’t make it, so the PAX had to suffer through my makeshift Q. Appreciate their flexibility to roll with it!
Really enjoy this group of HIM who show up week after week to get better and hold each other accountable! Especially great to have Costello back out more regularly. And I continue to be proud of some of our new comers (Easily Amused, Fishbowl, Toaster, Low Note, Stay Puft) who keep coming back and putting in the work. ECPLC (Environmentally Conscious Parking Lot Coffeeteria) is a bonus to get more time to hang with all these guys after each boot camp. Thunder Claps gentlemen!
If you are thinking about doing the CRUCIBLE (more info HERE), we’re doing a Crucible Training Workout next Tuesday, Feb. 26th, converging with the Sandlot. Meet at Old Forest at 0500, mosey to Sandlot, Four Eyes will provide us with a 20 minute beat down, then mosey back to Old Forest. If you are at all considering the Crucible, this could be a good training in preparation for that.
Check the PRE-BLAST for all other announcements.