MLK Day Dora
THE SCENE: Felt like 18!!! Easily Amused was his namesake when he discovered icicles in his beard.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER: Welcomed & Disclaimed
- SSH x 50 IC
- Daisy Pickers x 20 IC
- Imperial Walkers x 20 IC
- Polka Stretch x 20 IC
- Forward Arm Circles – Baby x 8, then big x 8
- Backward Arm Circles – Baby x 8, then big x 8
We started out with 10 rounds (or 5 minutes) of 30 Second Burpees=50 Total burpees
- Mosey to Memphis Farmer’s Market, pause at Blue Monkey for Monkey Humpers! x 15 IC
- Once we made it to MFM, partnered up for DORA 123 (100 Bobby Hurleys, 200 Big Boy Sit-Ups, 300 Mountain Climbers)
- Based on time, YHC called an OMAHA and asked PAX to do only 150 BBSU & 150 Mountain Climbers.
- We then moseyed to the National Civil Rights Museum, with a pause wall-sit on the side of the Arcade.
We did MARY on the brick pavement in front of the National Civil Rights Museum. YHC asked PAX to keep a low respectful tone in calling out the count.
- LBCs IC x 15
- Hello Dollys IC x 15
- ABCs IC (of course, #nottheLevee)
- Shoulder Taps IC x 15
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
22 (Zero FNGs, but two Kotters: Piggyback and American Standard)
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
MLK Day should be celebration of his life, but also a call to action. We live in a minority-majority city where many our city’s kids are behind on reading level. States build prisons based on this stat and it’s bs that what zip code a kid is born in determines his opportunity. Challenged PAX to check out Arise2Read and make HC to read to 2nd graders in the city.
Totally an on the fly move to do the monkey humpers once we stopped on our mosey by the Blue Monkey. Many PAX laughed at Handsy’s loud counting as he had missed the “Let’s keep down noise level” memo.