Metaphorical Running Q
- THE SCENE: Humid as a mug. Oh Fall Where Art Thou?
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER welcomed & disclaimed (latecomers as well)
- SSH x 30
- Imperial Walkers x 15
- Butt Kickers x 15
- Windmills x 15
- 4 Laps (1 mile) at moderate pace, Al Gore til all in -> Flutter Kicks IC x 20 -> Stargazers for 45 Seconds
- 3 Laps (0.75 miles) at increased pace, Al Gore til all in -> Hello Dolly IC x 30 -> Stargazers for 30 seconds
- 2 Laps (0.5 miles) at increased pace, Al Gore til all in -> Freddie Mercurys IC x 40 -> Stargazers for 15 count
- 1 Lap (0.25 miles) all you got, Al Gore til all in -> 10 count
- Mosey to bottom of the Tower of Terror (Curlin Parking Garage); run to the top & descend back to Startex
Didn’t close w/ her, rather incorporated her into the workout.
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
16 (Zero FNGs): Teacher’s Pet, Gus, Soybean, Shoestring, Pirtle, Handsy, Bottomless, Toms, Park Bench, ISS, Doc Hollywood, MIB, Yard Sale, Beauty Shop, Blart, Crayfish
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
Like in life, we often pick up intensity as responsibilities mount and have shorter times to rest. Realize the gift of rest (stargazers) when given time and appreciate it.
Thought of the workout a few weeks ago. It dawns on me that I have no idea yet how precious time and rest are at this point in my life. I don’t yet have children and have not experienced yet the sleep deprivation and free time loss as product of caring for an additional life. YHC enjoyed leading workout at the AO where I VQ’ed 10 months ago.
(though we failed to actually make the announcements)
GrowRuck 12 coming up
Service Opportunity in South Memphis led by Chiochetti on Sept 15