Lazy Dora at The Sandlot
THE SCENE: For July in Memphis… absolutely AMAZING.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER: Done.
- SSH x20 IC
- Daisy Pickers x15 IC
- IW x15 IC
- Hillbillies x15 IC
- Arm Circles x20 IC
- 30 seconds to stretch legs OYO
- 30 seconds to stretch shoulders and arms OYO
- Mosey to the rugby field
At the rugby field, we got the heart rates pumping with a round of RED BARCHETTA.
- Sprint 100 yards, 100 SSHs, sprint back and plank til all in.
- Sprint 75 yards, 75 mountain climbers, sprint back and plank til all in.
- Sprint 50 yards, 50 LBCs, sprint back and plank til all in.
- Sprint 25 yards, 25 merkins, sprint back and plank til all in.
- Sprint 10 yards, 10 burpees, sprint back and plank til all in.
Once the hearts were pumping, we partnered up for some LAZY DORA.
- While Partner 1 performs 10 merkins, Partner 2 holds plank. Switch and repeat to 100 total merkins.
- While Partner 1 performs 20 LBCs, Partner 2 holds 6-inch leg raise. Switch and repeat to 200 total LBCs.
- While Parter 1 performs 25 squats, Partner 2 holds Al Gore. Switch and repeat to 300 total squats.
Fortunately we had some more time for a MODIFIED RED BARCHETTA, AKA, more FUN.
- Bear crawl to the 10 yard mark for 10 burpees.
- Bear crawl to the 25 yard mark for 25 merkins.
- Bear crawl to the 50 yard mark for 50 LBCs.
- Bear crawl to to the 75 yard mark for 75 mountain climbers.
Total reps (per PAX):
- 200 LBCs
- 150 mountain climbers
- 150 squats
- 100 merkins
- 100 SSHs
- 20 burpees
- Plus some sprinting and bear crawling
- American Hammer x25 IC
- LOLs x20 IC
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
7 Total PAX (1 FNG): Dewey, Blue (FNG), Tuco, Crayfish, Sir Mix-A-Lot, Altar Boy, Easily Amused
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
In Acts 22:25, Paul uses his privilege as a Roman citizen to escape a beating. Paul recognizes the various privileges he has, and he ultimately uses it to escape potential death in order to make his way to Rome to continue to build and encourage the the Church.
That brings up an important conversation: as people with various privileges, what does it look like for us to (1) recognize our privilege then (2) serve others from our various places of privilege so that people are empowered and society is more just and beautiful?
This sort of weather in July is a real gift. Grateful to be able to enjoy it with these friends, and for FNGs becoming friends too. @Blue heard about F3 during a hair cut with @Flobee!
The Grinch is happening this Thursday at The Barracks and Friday at Arcadia.