LAUNCH Week 2
What follows is the account given to YHC by Grisham, a brother from F3 Nashville who graciously lent his time and efforts to lead us in Week 2 of the F3 Memphis Launch. But Grisham skips all the good parts. He drove the 2010 Honda Civic that is the group of F3 Memphis men like we were a brand new Lamborghini Aventador. The Snot Woggle he issued left us redlining (at least mentally) from the first moment he perfectly demonstrated how to do a Handstand Push-up. The ride didn’t stop there, though, as he kept his foot on the gas until 0745. At that moment, the PAX were tempted to head for the garage, but a brave voice spoke up and reminded Grisham we were scheduled to end at 0800. So from 0 back to 90 MPH we went! God bless Grisham, and God bless F3.
Where: Shelby Farms
QIC: Grisham w/ Gus serving as a much needed governor
The Pax: 28 men (including 5 FNGs) decided to take the red pill, buckle up their chin strap and get better.
To the best of my recollection, the following went down. . .
· Grinder PT Warm Up:
o Neck rolls
o Shoulder warm up
o 2 rds.of 20 – Side Straddle Hope / Squats / SL deadlift / lunges (front first then back) / ‘Mericans / Supermans / Situps / Carolina Dry Dockers
· 3 rds AMAP Handstand Pushups
· Mosey to playground (50 flutters while waiting on the PAX)
· 100 pulls ups (aggregate and assisted if necessary) in groups of 7(ish). Perform pullups to failure, after dropping perform 25 pushups
· Mosey back to parking lot area perform 50 flutters while waiting on PAX
· 2 sets of 15/10/5 – squats / rev. burpbees / burpbees
o Note: reverse burpees in 4 inch grass suck. Good.
· Provide false sense of accomplishment only to realize we have 15 minutes of fun left.
· Mosey to starting point:
o Bear crawl 20 yds. Perform 10 Carolina dry dockers and bear crawl back.
o Partner Drag 20 yrds. Rinse and Repeat
o 25 rev. crunches to finish it off.
MOLESKIN: Great showing and really excellent work. Focus on becoming a better man each day this week.