Just a Friendly Neighborhood Workout
AO: The Berm
PAX: Bruce, Tiny, Lipton, C-Lo, Red Sox, Soy Bean, Phat Pat, Snookie, Gus, Hitch, Hacker, Echo, Toms (13 total, 0 FNGs)
Conditions: Low 50s, clear and pleasant
SSH x 20 IC
Cotton Pickers x 10 IC
Finkle Swings x 10 IC (each leg) (a couple PAX creatively utilized each other’s shoulders for balance while YHC hopped around like a buffoon)
Abe Vigoda x 10 IC
Standing backstroke x 10 IC
Little mosey around and back to parking lot
Round 1: Burpee Parkers — PAX split into four groups at parking lot corners (“stations”). Each member of the PAX spider crawls 8 paces (4 each hand), then stand and perform 4 burpees. Repeat until reach next station.
– First station: Each group performs Squats x 50 IC. Al Gore until all in. Burpee Parker to next station.
– Second station: Big Boy Sit Ups x 30 OYO. Al Gore until all in. Burpee Parker to next station.
– Third station: Squats x 50 IC. Al Gore until all in. Burpee Parker to next station.
– Fourth station (starting point): Merkins x 20 OYO. Al Gore until all in.
Round 2: Burpee Dans — Replace spider crawls with lunges. Every 4 lunges, perform ascending reps of burpees, starting at 1, until you reach second station. After second station, perform descending reps of burpees every 4 lunges.
– First station: SSH x 30 (reps) IC. Al Gore until all in. Burpee Dan to next station.
– Second station: LBC x 30 OYO. Al Gore until all in. Burpee Dan to next station.
– Third station: SSH x 30 (reps) IC. Al Gore until all in. Burpee Dan to next station.
– Fourth station (starting point): Squats x 20 OYO. Merkins x 20 OYO. Al Gore until all in.
PAX at station in NW corner of lot perform squats while the rest of the PAX lunge to their position. Short mosey to Mary.
Freddie Mercury x 20 IC
Hollywood Side Crunch x 10 IC (each side)
Bay City Scissors x 10 IC
Never Cross Dolly x 10 IC
Box Cutters x 10 IC
COT / BOM: YHC shared that there are many things going on in his life that he would change if he could, but ultimately he is glad he can’t. It is easy to get caught up in wishing our lives and the world we live in were different than they are–that we would be more effective and equipped to be the men we want to be if a few “adjustments” were made to our circumstances. At the end of the day, this is pride. “God has made us to be conduits of his grace. The danger is in thinking the conduit should be lined with gold. It shouldn’t. Copper will do. Copper can carry unbelievable riches to others. And in the very process of that giving we enjoy the greatest blessing.” God, in his sovereignty and goodness, has given us everything we need to be instruments of his grace today. If we spend our time wishing for the things that aren’t, we miss out on the blessing and sufficiency of our Father, and we miss out on the privilege of comforting those around us and showing them the love of God. Bear well the load you carry today, gentlemen. It is working for your good and your glory in the life to come.
Moleskin: Nothing like crawling around on the ground at 5:45 in the morning. While catching his breath after a station, YHC looked up to see Hitch doing pull-ups from a tree. There’s always opportunities to get better! YHC forgot to ask for prayer requests, but he is praying for you all the same. Until next time.