The Berm: Hot, humid and miserable
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER: Including what is the Mission of F3
*SSH x 18 IC
*IMPERIAL WALKERS (moving in a circle clockwise as a unit) x 18 IC
*HILL BILLIES (moving in a circle clockwise as a unit) x 18 IC
*BURPEES x 18 IC
YHC led PAX on a lil’ mosey from the parking around the nearby senior center building and back to STARTEX
THA-THANG: Why is Cap’n Merkin here?
>YHC had the PAX form a circle.
>YHC reached inside Cap’n Merkin’s cranium and pulled out a lil’ bitty Jenga set
>YHC had PAX hold Plank whilst YHC built Jenga Tower
>YHC ‘splained rules to PAX:
- Taking turns in a clockwise rotation, 1 by 1 (starting with YHC)…PAX would Bear Crawl from the circle’s perimeter to the center of the Circle where the Jenga tower was located. Using only 1 hand, after removing and replacing 1 Jenga piece, this solo PAX would Crawl Bear back to his spot in the circle as the next solo PAX Bear Crawled to the center. While 1 PAX was working the tower, the remaining PAX were performing a specific exercise, OYO, AMRAP until the Jenga tower fell.
- Exercises were assigned to the PAX, in this order: 1st attempt at tower until it fell=Merkins, 2nd attempt=Big Boy Sit-Ups, 3rd attempt=8-ct Body Builders then 4th attempt=Mtn Climbers Omaha’d to Jump Squats.
- When the tower fell, the PAX, as a unit, would perform Burpees for a designated number of reps, as follows: 1st fall=5 Burpees, 2nd fall=10, 3rd fall=15 then 4th fall=20.
- In addition to performing group Burpees, YHC led the PAX on a mosey lap around the building after every time the tower fell.
- Ex: YHC Bear Crawled to center, removed/replaced tower piece and returned to his spot via Crawl Bear. PAX, went, 1 by 1 to center and did the same. Remaining PAX perfomed Merkins, OYO, AMRAP. Once the PAX successfully made multiple attempts the tower fell the 1st time…PAX as a group performed 5 Burpees, OYO. Immediately, YHC led the PAX on a 1 lap mosey around building. As the PAX came straggling back in the the circle to start the next round, YHC used those few seconds to re-set the Jenga tower of pain. YHC announced next exercise to be performed (Big Boy Sit-Ups) by the PAX. Picking up where the PAX left off, next PAX in rotation Bear Crawled to center, etc. Upon 2nd fall…PAX performed 10 Burpees and did a lap around the building. Etc…
- PAX completed 4 Rounds until time for Mary
*Flutter Kicks x18 IC
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA:
16; Lil Nicky, Gepetto, Situation, Yard Sale, Commando, Snookie, Napster, Shortboard, Houdini, Tomb Raider, Beauty Shop, and O Positive (YHC); 4 FNG: Chariot, Pipe Bomb, Hazard and Van Gogh.
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
Rinsed and Repeated from Mothership Q on 6/16/18:
F3…has changed YHC’s life. In so many ways to count. YHC shared how Q’ing has helped build a renewed confidence in YHC’s ability to lead. YHC highlighted how he struggled with recent anxiety over a large project-and I mean LARGE-at work but by asking for his own 15 year old son among others, to pray for him-settled into a state of assured, self-confidence that F3-by God’s grace-has helped prepare him to tackle the project at hand. And he did just that. For that, YHC feels it a true privilege to lead a bootcamp with his brothers as he sees and feels his personal leadership developing, in the gloom which is carrying over into many other areas in his life, personally and professionally. Admittedly, YHC is very intentional to step up and Q x1/week. Being the Q-to YHC-means being ‘fully present’ and owning the opportunity. Failure and fear to fail-Q’ing a workout-should not deter a man from Q’ing. YHC challenged the PAX to step up and lead if they never have. To step up and lead if it has been awhile. Step up-with confidence-and lead their families, companies and communities. #FreedToLead
Also reminded the PAX of the F3 Mission and the reason why the F3 Mission is important to remember. With 394 and counting with the 4 FNG from this morning at the Berm, alone, it has become increasingly evident that not many can confidently and accurately recite the Mission and Core Values. YHC challenged the PAX to consider, “Don’t get caught up ‘in the current’ (posting to work-outs out of habit) if you don’t know why you are ‘in the water’ in the first place. FNG numbers are boomin’. Great things on the horizon for F3-Memphis. AYE!
**PAX prayers were lifted up.
This work-out was something new and it was CSAUP. Period. Effective but completely stupid and utterly pointless. And a little fun, too. T-claps to Beauty Shop for bringing 3 FNG’s and Lil’ Nicky for bringing 1. Well done, brothers.
- Service Project: Chick-fil-A Family Picnic and Field Day on 6/30/18; see YHC for details.
- GROWRUCK is coming…9/21-9/23.