Invigorating Morning at the Rose of Sharon
THE SCENE: 74 & muggy. YHC showed up to the scene at Rose of Sharon campground at around 5 fiddy 5 to case the place, run a couple recon laps, and make sure the Thang was gonna work out as planned. The place was dead quiet and void of all other human life until Bailout and Altar Boy popped out-o the woodworks to greet me. We were joined by Mulligan and Gym Shorts around 5 minutes after the workout was supposed to start. YHC disclaimed that the 5 minutes would be tacked onto the end of the workout. We don’t cheat ourselves round here.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER: Yerp.
- SSH x20IC
- Side Shuffle Ground Taps x15IC (Thanks to Altar Boy for helping me to FINALLY come up with a good name for these!)
– Mosey to the pavilion for some AIKEN LEGS! The following exercises were performed with no break in between.
- Box Jumps x20 OYO (That stage was nice and high)
- Prisoner Squats x20IC
- Lunges x20IC
- Smurf Jacks x20IC
– Mosey down to what YHC believes is the main sanctuary building for ABSOLUTION!!
5 reps of absolution (exicon link here) then one lap around the building incorporating front moseying, Side shuffling, and back pedaling. Repeat 4 times for a total of 20 reps and 4 laps. The asphalt was a bit rough on the elbows. Cobainfully, Bailout pointed out that there were plenty of grassy areas on the campus. Noted for next time.
– Indian run to the building at the back of the campus where YHC decided it was the most bestest place for a set of B.O.M.B.S!!! Partner 1 performs the prescribed shenanigan while partner two moseys to the pond and back pedals back. Flapjack and continue until all reps are complete.
- Burpees x50
- Overhead Claps x100
- Merkins x150
- BBSU x200
- Squats x250
– Mosey back to pavilion passing the freshly awoken Bob Ross on the way who was still wiping the deep sleep induced eye boogers out of his eyes. We did not, however, pass Rage Quit which I can only assume was because he was still actively fartsacking. At least Interweb had an excuse. Cobains.
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
5 PAX: Altar Boy, Mulligan, Bailout, Gym Shorts, Soulja Boy (QIC)
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
But above all, my brothers, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or by any other oath, but let your “yes” be yes and your “no” be no, so that you may not fall under condemnation.
A staple mantra in YHC’s household is “Say what you mean and mean what you say”.
Why is it so difficult for us to simply say yes or no? Perhaps because we like the ambiguity of not having to follow through with what we say. Or maybe because it’s easier to put off a tough decision for a later time. We may flirt with tendencies towards deceitfulness and not want others to know our true intentions.
Whatever the reason, God expects His children to be clear cut with their words. We are not to wade in the subtle grey areas of ambiguity with our words. Rather we are to be people who speak plainly, clearly, and truthfully so that we aren’t condemned by our own words.
Challenge to the PAX: Say what you mean/mean what you say. If your word is’t your bond, nothing is.
It was an honor to be asked to come Q and share some wisdom at Rose of Sharon this morning. Thanks for the invite Bailout. I hope there’s a next time!
Dads and 2.0s tomorrow at the Muthaship!