Intervals at The Barracks
Blizzard like conditions (for Memphis at least)
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
- Mosey 1.5 laps (Karaoke for roughly 100m on last straightaway)
- Stop halfway through second lap to stretch for approximately 90 seconds while I explained the THANG.
- Run 400m (1 lap around the track) at a pushed pace*
- Followed by 90 second rest interval (walk / slow mosey)
- Rinse and repeat with this ONE deviation: every 3rd “lap” is done in the parking garage! After competing the second interval lap on the track, we used our recovery 90 second interval to mosey to the parking garage…then run up two full lengths of the garage at push pace. Then recovery mosey back to track to get more laps.
I challenged the PAX to try and get 9 total “laps” – 6 on the track and 3 in the garage. I think most people got that or close to it. Total distance varied, but I believe all got over 3 miles total. Thunder Claps!
*Pacing – I encouraged the PAX to shoot for 1.5-2 minutes / mile faster than they would typically run an easy distance run. So – if your comfortable pace is 10 min/mile, shoot for 8-8.5 min/mile pace for each 400m interval.
We all stopped in time for a few minutes of Mary:
- American Hammer (IC) – 20
- Peter Parkers (IC) – 15
- Flutter Kicks (IC) – 15
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA:
8 – Handsy (QIC), Soybean, Gus, Bottomless, Squeegee, Pop-tart, Goose, Upgrade
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
You are not the sum of your mistakes. Nor are you the sum of your successes. You are loved and valuable regardless of how much or little you accomplish. Let that humble you and encourage you today.
This workout was tough! Loved seeing all these guys really push themselves on the 400m interval laps. Nice work!
Check the website.