Hoya VQ – Gotta Keep Movin’side
A brisk 27 according to my phone but felt like 22. Some call that bone-chilling…those who show up in shorts call that balmy.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER:
Given. Note to self: work on how to better present ‘modify if necessary’.
- 25 side straddle hops IC
- 10 daisy pickers IC
- 10 merkins IC
- Bat wings IC – less the overhead claps
Mosey to the east end of the parking lot and broke up into three groups of six.
Bataan Death March aka Burpee Catch Me If You Can Indian Run
One PAX does five burpees while the remaining five members of the group mosey west towards Johnson Road. Upon burpee completion, PAX sprints to catch his group, taps the PAX at the end of the line, and runs to the front of the line to set the pace. The tapped PAX drops for five burpees and the cycle starts again. Repeat until all PAX have completed two rounds.
Once group reached Johnson Road, the March continued back to the start, and then back towards Johnson Road, moseying into the parking lot of the Disc Golf clubhouse for round 2.
Hold Al Gore until all in
One PAX runs around the knoll (approximately 80 yards) while remaining PAX, along the fence rails, do exercises called out by the Q. When the lap around the knoll is finished, next PAX runs and the Q calls out another exercise. Repeat until all PAX have run twice around the knoll.
- Shoulder Taps
Mosey to Johnson Road.
- Carolina Dry Docks
- American Hammers – 4 count equals 1
At each light, increase reps by one.
Hold plank until all in.
Mosey back to shovel flag.
- 25 LBCs
- 20 heel touches
- 20 flutter kicks
- 20 Freddie Mercuries
- High Plank
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA:
18 PAX, no FNGs
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
Talked about living in the present. It is wise to learn from the past and think about the future, but don’t be IN the past or IN the future as that is when you lose yourself and when you lose yourself, you lose what is most precious, that bring the present.
Prayers went out to Ryan Howard’s sister-in-law who is battling cancer and Wheezer’s close friend’s father who was close to being with the Lord.
- Thanks to Rocket Launcher for giving me the opportunity for my VQ; I appreciate his advice and input as I planned today’s workout.
- Thanks to the 17 PAX that showed up to support me at 5:30 in sub-30 degree weather…it really meant a lot to see so many faces.
- I’m glad my cadence seemed to have met the standards of some.
- In round 2, plan was to repeat the above exercises until I heard a comment about having a short weinke (need to tell my wife to be careful about who she complains to) so I threw in LBCs and burpees.
- It was dark so I couldn’t tell who made the comment. I don’t want to name names but the voice sounded like it came from a PAX whose name rhymes with Geezer….and if it wasn’t, I’ll still forever lay the blame on him.
- Also in round 2, I regret not calling out Monkey Humpers as the exercise while Wheezer was running….I will do better.
Six-Wicket will be closed on Friday, December 25.