How Long Can The PAX Hold A CMU?
70* and humid with a pretty strong breeze off the mighty Mississippi.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
Did it, including sharing the mission of F3.
- SSH (IC) – 40
- Daisy Pickers (IC) – 10
- Merkins (IC) – 10
- Mosey lap around the parking lot
At 0535 I had the PAX each grab one CMU from the back of my truck. I then explained that they would hold that CMU and were not allowed to set it on the ground or drop it until 0615. If anyone dropped their CMU or set it down, all PAX would be required to perform 10 blockees (burpees with CMU). Lots of groaning.
We moseyed to Beale Street Landing (~1/3 mile).
Modified 11’s. ALL exercises are 4 count (so – 2 curls = 1 or down(1)-up(2), down(3)-up(4) = 1). Starting at the bottom of Beale Street Landing:
- perform 10 skull crushers
- Run uphill to 2nd light (about halfway or ~50 yards)
- perform 10 curls
- Run uphill to top (~50 yards)
- perform 1 squat thruster
- Run back downhill to 2nd light
- perform 1 bent over row
- Run back downhill to startex
Rinse and repeat with the numbers increasing/decreasing each time – 2nd round was 9 skull crushers, 9 curls, 2 squat thrusters, 2 bent over rows, etc…
No one finished before we needed to head back. I believe Altar Boy and Four Eyes got down to 2-9. So close.
Mosey back to parking lot for some Mary.
Again…all with CMU’s – we haven’t let them touch the ground yet!
- American Hammer (IC) – 25 (lots of groaning)
- Crunches with legs 90* and CMU overhead, pushing it up towards your feet (IC) – 15
- Hello Dolly Lama (ish) – basically – on your 6 with legs straight out in front and about 6″ off the ground, holding CMU at chest height and then open and close legs (IC) – 10
- Flutter kicks (with CMU held straight up overhead) (IC) – 15
- American Hammer (because we had 1 minute left and I couldn’t think of another CMU Mary exercise) (IC) – 10
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
7 PAX – Handsy (QIC), MIB, Crayfish, Altar Boy, Four Eyes, Easily Amused, Low Note
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
Carrying a CMU for 40 minutes straight SUCKED. And it was a huge relief to set it on the ground at 0615. Made me wonder how many of us are carrying around a huge metaphorical weight because of our sin? What things are we carrying that are weighing us down, making life hard. How much relief would it be to just set it down? Jesus tells us to come to him with those burdens and that he will give us rest.
When I had the idea to do a workout where we held a CMU the entire workout, I wasn’t sure how it would go. It was HARD. We worked a lot of muscles I didn’t know we’d work just from lugging that thing around between exercises, etc.
The PAX were awesome sports though and we made it all 40 minutes with no CMU’s touching the ground. T-Claps to the PAX!
AND – it was awesome to meet Low Note. Glad he came back out!
- 2nd F Guys Night at Handy’s house this Friday, Feb. 9th, 8pm – ?. Message Handsy for more details.
- See Pre-blast for info about weekly 2nd F lunches around town, workout locations/times, etc.