Hold ’em and Fold ’em at The Levee
45*, brisk, and the moon was bright. Billy Blanks was a no-show, because he ALWAYS fartsacks when I’m Q. Meter Maid was also a no-show, but in classic Meter Maid fashion, Halpert came in hot 3 minutes late.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
The disclaimer was indeed disclaimed.
SSH x25 IC
IW x 20 IC
Arm Circles x 10IC (forward and reverse)
Merkins x10 IC
“Victory Lap” mosey led by Slicnut for his year as AOQ. YHC gave instructions about the F3 Deck of Cards during the lap.
We used the F3 Deck of Cards and rotated leadership of the exercises around the circle. Slicnut led a workout this way a few weeks back and it was worth repeating.
- 20 Buttkicks IC
- 15 standing lunges (1=1)
- 13 flutter kicks IC
- 100ish calf raises on the curb…this was OYO and everyone lost count, so not gonna say it was legit.
- 16 jumping lunges OYO (1=1)
- 25 squats IC (50 total)
- 14 alternating side squats OYO (1=1)
- 15 oblique crunches on each side (1=1)
- High plank for 90 seconds…Slicnut tried to ask his iWatch for a 90 second countdown, but it didn’t work…so not gonna say it was legit
- 17 Derkins OYO
- 15 hand release merkins OYO
- 25 mountain climbers IC
- Mosey lap
- Sprint 300 m…approximately
- Bear crawl…approximately 60 yards
- 13 Chuck Norris merkins (fists on the ground) OYO (1=1)
- 50 SSH IC
- 18 Luges IC (aka Gas pumps)
- 100 arm circles (50 forward and 50 backward) OYO
- 100 flutter kicks (1=1)
- 19 high knees IC
- 14 Carolina dry docks (1=1)
- Sprint 400m…approximately
- 19 Ranger merkins (1=1)
- 25 plank jacks IC
- 17 LBC’s IC
- 18 squat thrusts IC
- 12 Bulgarian split squat – one legged squat (12 for each leg)
Only what we did above…
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
Snowman, Renfro, U-Rock, Barney, Halpert, Moneybags, Raven, Slicnut, Murse, Dial Up, Harbaugh, Captain Obvious, Whiskey, Capri Sun, Cheesesteak
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
I tried the Deck of Cards on Saturday morning and didn’t always want to do the exercises in cadence because I didn’t always want double the reps. But when we’re together, and freed to lead, we have to follow the leader.
Hebrews 10:23-25 says, “Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.”
When we’re on our own we often lose strength. When we’re together, we’re better. We need community with Christ and with each other in order to strive beyond our individual strength. We meet in the gloom in order to work hard the rest of the day. Let’s get after it in our workplace, families, and communities.
It was great to be back at The Levee after a week on fall break and a few visits to Blazing Saddle.
The F3 deck of cards is a legit workout and would be great to have if you’re out of town and can’t find a place to post.
Slicnut encouraged us to bring those we are investing in and discipling to F3. Part of life on life discipleship includes exercise and interacting together. I couldn’t agree more.