HIIT Cardio Circuit and Jam Bands at the Levee
THE SCENE: Clear and cool. Maybe 60 degrees. No wind.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER: Yep, I forgot… Through out some words of caution maybe 10 minutes in to the workout, e.g., feel free to substitute, etc.
WARM-O-RAMA: Pretty standard fare, included some Army warm-up calisthenics.
- 15x SSH IC
- 5x Bend and Reach IC (demonstrated)
- 5x Reverse Lunge IC (demonstrated)
- 10x Hill Billies
- 30 sec. stretch on your own
THE THANG: Same workout that I used at the “Saddle” on Tuesday. For 25 minutes, do AMRAP in the following sequence:
- 50x High Knees (1 = 1)
- 50x Mountain Climbers (1 = 1)
- 50 x SSH
- 30x Plank Jacks
- 10x Squat Jumps
- 10x Burpees
Following the 25 minutes, which seemed like it was 50 minutes, we walked the parking lot loop to cool down before Mary.
MARY: About 10 minutes. 3 sets in the following sequence
- 10x V-Ups
- 10x Lying Leg Raises
- 10x Freddie Mercuries (10x reps, ea. leg)
- 10x Heel Taps (10x reps, ea. heel)
- 10x Toe Touches
- 10x BBSU
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA: 11 PAX; no FNG; 1x Irish goodbye
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
- I’m an older guy (>40). Older guys need to take care of our bodies. Work on your core (abs, obliques, back, hips, glutes) for strength, flexibility, and mobility
- The Golden Rule is good; treat others how we would like to be treated. It is probably the best way in these troubling times.
- Boudreaux’s brother is in the National Guard; he and his unit were in Washington D.C., and they have safely redeployed home. No incidents during their deployment.
MOLESKIN: Stream of consciousness follows:
- Not a lot of breeze, so we all were rather toasty despite the cooler weather.
- I made a play list out of a bunch of jam bands (Phish, WSP, the Grateful Dead, Crosby Stills and Nash, Allman Bros. Band), but I’m not sure that the pax were digging Phish while working out
- Speaking of the Grateful Dead, Meter Maid’s BiL once followed the Dead around for like 9 months and paid for it all by selling grilled cheese sandwiches and Dr. Peppers to their fellow Deadheads – impressive if you think about that
- Speaking of Meter Maid, he completely skipped Warm-O-Rama and showed up about 3 min into the workout
- Used a dry erase board (again), which seemed to be pretty good way to keep people focused on the sequence of the workout. Probably need to not do Mary right next to the board b/c it defeats the purpose of having the board
- Somehow we were talking about restrooms and knocking out dumps. Interesting stories followed:
- At Steinbrenner’s work periodically a senior female will have an all-female meeting about how nasty the bath rooms are b/c women seem to like to hover instead of landing
- Skinner was in Africa somewhere with his sister, and she was in a toilet that was otherworldly bad. A fly flew out of the pipe and into her mouth.
- Someone else (Skinner maybe) was in Europe with their parents and his dad paid for a nicer port-o-let that was on the street for his wife to use. Instead of paying again, he held the door to sneak in and use it without paying again. Unbeknownst to him, when the door latched the 2nd time the entire unit disinfected itself via a mist
- Iraqi soldiers did not understand how to use port-o-lets and regularly fell through them and hand stinky, blue goo on their legs and boots.