HIIT Cardio Circuit aka the Cheezesteak Mumble Chatter killer
THE SCENE: Waiting on TS Cristobal to start spewing rain. Cool and very windy.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER: Did I do it? Maybe, but probably not.
WARM-O-RAMA: Special thanks to Cheeze for jumping in as the Co-Q and getting this going. Not sure what exercises we did besides the SSH. Woody and I were preoccupied with trying to make the new coffee pot go. More to follow on that.
THE THANG: I found this workout on some lady’s Instagram page. It’s challenging. For 25 minutes, do AMRAP in the following sequence:
- 50x High Knees (1 = 1)
- 50x Mountain Climbers (1 = 1)
- 50 x SSH
- 30x Plank Jacks
- 10x Squat Jumps
- 10x Burpees
MARY: Did some protracted Mary that I found on another lady’s Instagram page. It is very solid. I think that we did 2.5 sets or so:
- 15x V-Ups
- 15x Lying Leg Raises
- 20x Freddie Mercuries (20x reps, ea. leg)
- 25x LBCs
- 20x Toe Touches
- 15x BBSU
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA: 6 PAX; no FNG; no Irish goodbyes
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM: The Golden Rule is good; treat others how we would like to be treated. It is probably the best way in these troubling times.
MOLESKIN: Yeah, a variety of thoughts follow:
- Wheezer prefers it when I allow everyone to prep their smile for the photo, so a 3-sec countdown is now incorporated
- Managing the coffee situation w/ the new uber pot is a learning curve; we searched for power options and were late starting the workout. Fortunately, Cheezesteak stepped in and got us rolling in Warm-o-Rama.
- The weather held out until 3 minutes into PLC. LOTS of rain came in: sheets. PLC and pack out was not much fun.
- Not much mumble chatter. This workout is tough. All pax said as much. Most in the know seemed to believe that it was like an Iron Pax Workout
- It was impressive watching both Hobo and Cheezesteak maintain tempo through the workout. I didn’t see a whole lot of breaks from them, but I’m sure that they had to take a few.
- I’ve found that for HIIT workouts, women have better workouts than men. Lots of guys that post workout ideas seem to focus on only big muscles (chest) or want to post gym workouts involving equipment. Ladies, from what I’ve seen, seem to do a better job of focusing on just doing body weight exercises without doing hundreds of push-ups.
- Thought the guys that posted performed the workout with good intensity. I told everyone after COT that I was taking the same workout to the Levee on Friday.
- Used a dry erase board, which seemed to be pretty good way to keep people focused on the sequence of the workout. Will likely continue to use the dry erase board. Probably should have written out the Mary sequence instead of having to stop and write it out after the HIIT 25 min workout.
- Playlist – all the songs were about either rain or hurricanes.