F3 MEMPHIS – 23 May 2018
AO: Bermuda Triangle “The Berm”
Conditions: 70 degrees, Wet and Foggy
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
- Welcome: I am not a professional
- You are participating at your own risk
- You are responsible for your own wellbeing
- You are here voluntarily, and you are not paying to be here
- Know your limits and do the best you can, all exercises can be modified and are only suggestions.
- Any FNGs? YES, we had one.
- SSH IC X 15
- Moroccan Night Club IC x 25
- Sprinkler IC x 10
- Windmills IC X10
Mosey around the building 1 time and then up to the field with the welcoming tall, wet grass.
- Fire Drill – PAX form a circle, chopping feet. One at a time going CW, each PAX calls out “Fire” all PAX hits the ground rolls right, merkin, roll back left, another merkin, then back up chopping. Go around the circle with the “stop, drop and roll” until all PAX have called “Fire”.
- Hindenburg BLIMPS – Perform exercise at corner #1, sprint to corner #2, perform exercise. Sprint to corner #3 perform exercise. Then to corner #4, exercise and then back to corner #1. Plank it up until all have finished. That’s one round. Round 1 – 10 Burpees; Round 2 – 20 Forward Lunges; Round 3 – 30 Imperial Walkers; Round 4- 40 Merkins; Round 5 – 50 Plank Jacks; Round 6 – 60 Squats Because of time constraints, PAX performed 60 squats at first two corners then had to hustle to MARY.
- After all in, Mosey to the parking lot.
- American Hammer IC X 15
- Side Plank (Left Side) IC X 20
- Side Plank (Right Side) IC X 20
- Rosalita Wip IC X 10
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
11 PAX (1 FNG): Houdini, Cowbell, Situation, Shy Guy, Notasport, Speaker, Snookie, Tiny, Rabbit, Geppetto, and our FNG Cue Ball
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
Union with Christ (Rankin Wilbourne) is basically about bridging the gap between head and heart, moving from the claim of being a Christian to walking in union with Christ. One section talks about our Identity as Christians, and that is what I want to share.
We likely have all struggled with common problems, such as losing a job, having a fight with a spouse, messing up a teachable moment with a child, messing up at work, etc? We have likely struggled with common questions, such as, “Am I significant? Have I done enough? Am I accepted?” When we choose our own identity, then we become failures when we fail at something. However, when we find our identity in Christ, “the answer is ‘Your life is now hidden with Christ in God”.
In Christ, “You no longer have to justify your life…You don’t have to go the distance, like Rocky, to prove you’re not a bum. …in a wonderful exchange, you give (Christ) all your sins, and he gives you all of his righteousness.”
“In Christ, you are significant…you are secure…you are accepted. …This doesn’t mean you stop working, but it does mean you now work in a totally new way. You no longer work for approval; you work from approval.”
VQing was a great experience. I think the wet grass helped everyone to be totally committed right away. There is no going back once you drop to the wet ground, roll and do a Merkin. Morroccan Nightclubs were good, but we probably should have done 25 more to really feel the burn.
Ruck Club Callout 5/26 at 1030 at Meddlesome Brewery
Memorial Day Convergence workout at The Barracks