Follow the Red Brick Road
Brisk, cool, slight breeze. 3 Preruckers were doing their thing as I setup some cones in the soccer field. FIA was setting up in the pavilion.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
Welcome to Fitness, Fellowship, and Faith. Push yourself, don’t hurt yourself. I’m not a professional, just a dude leading other dudes while participating in the workout today.
- Motivators from 5
- Grab 2 bricks. It was at this time that Rocket Launcher asked how heavy these were and if they would even make a difference in the workout. (Snickered to myself) Boudreaux mentioned that we did legs yesterday, so he hoped we wouldn’t be doing them today. I assured him that legs were not a focus of todays workout.
- Eagle Wings (Batwings with Bricks. Keep arms above horizontal the entire sequence)
- Arm Circles Forward x 20 IC
- Arm Circles Reverse x20 IC
- Seal Claps x 20 IC
- Overhead Claps x 20 IC
- Michael Phelps x 20 seconds
Route 55 Jack Webb burn outs (with bricks)
- 1st light pole: 1 Merkin, 4 Overhead Presses
- 2nd light pole: 2 Merkin, 8 Overhead Presses
- 10th light pole: 10 Merkin, 40 Overhead Presses
Everyone was spent, so I offered a 20 second countdown. We made it to Johnson Road, but now we needed to travel back.
- 1st light pole: 1 Carolina Dry Dock, 4 Back Flys
- 2nd light pole: 2 Carolina Dry Dock, 8 Back Flys
- Finkle sounded off his gloom horn which sent everyone scattering like roaches when the lights are turned on.
- 10th light pole: 10 Carolina Dry Dock, 40 Back Flys
My shoe came untied, so as I tied it, I allowed the Pax to catch their breath.
Mosey, with Bricks, to the soccer fields for Quarter Pounders with Cheese.
- Run 25 yards to 1st cone, 25 Merkins, Backpedal to starting line
- Run 50 yards to 2nd cone, 50 Squats, Backpedal to starting line (At this point Boudreaux reminded me that this was legs, touché)
- Run 75 yards to 3rd cone, 75 Mountain Climbers (2 is 1), Backpedal to starting line
- Run 100 yards to 4th cone, 100 SSH, Backpedal to starting line
Plank until all in. Mosey back to flag. No time for 11’s. Planned on using the tennis courts, maybe next time.
Captain Thors (with bricks)
- 1 BBS, 4 American Hammers
- 2 BBS, 8 American Hammers
- 8 BBS, 32 American Hammers
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA:
7 PAX: Toby, Boudreaux, Landline (QIC), Finkle, Hoya, Oneder, Rocket Launcher (AOQ)
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
” Whatever you do, give 100%. Unless you’re donating blood” – Bill Murray
Challenged the PAX to do your best at whatever you do. Everyone put in great effort today and will be stronger tomorrow. Boudreaux with the Rover today, as he called me out on the Leg exercises. He also got to post next to his wife, as she posted with FIA.
Prayed for Toby’s M, as she gets an MRI on a lump that was found. Prayed for Cantore’s daughter as she has kidney surgery today. Prayed for all of the men and their families today.
This is the 40th day in a row I have posted without missing an F3 workout. This is the 52nd workout in those 40 days (Bauer & Double headers). My body is definitely feeling beat down, but it’s days like today (when I am on Q), that I feel a surge in energy (Q-drenaline). I feel that it is my responsibility as Q, to be able to provide a tough workout for PAX of all fitness levels. In order to Q it, you have to be able to do it, so I continually push myself to perform at a higher standard when I am leading.
I always enjoy posting at Six Wicket. Unsurprisingly it is tough to get on the Q schedule. Rocket Launcher never posts that there are available spots to fill (which is where I usually jump in and volunteer). Spots are filled out way in advance. You have to ask for available dates, if you want to Q, and not the other way around. Rocket Launcher has done a stand up job with this AO and has set the bar for future AOQs.
Hose Dragger VQ at Levee tomorrow. February monthly Meditation Challenge is underway. Don’t forget about the Equinox Challenge.