Whatever brings you here today, just know that we’re glad you’re here and we want you out there in the Gloom with us!
Ready to get started? Here’s everything you need to know:
- First, know that we don’t care what shape you’re in, what size you are, or how old you are. No excuses, just show up and we’ll be there for you.
- OK, now pick the day and location you want to post: OUR SCHEDULE
- Arrive 5-10 minutes beforehand and look for the Shovel Flag. We start exactly on time. This will give you time to meet some guys, stretch, etc.
- Bring a pair of outdoor/mechanic gloves to workout in. We tend to pick up rocks and get down on the pavement a lot.
- During your first workout you’ll be known as “FNG” – Friendly New Guy. Complete the workout and we’ll give you a new name!
- At the start, you’ll hear a shortened version of the F3 disclaimer.
- Weekday workouts are 45 minutes exactly and we cover 0-3 miles typically.
- The “Q” will be our leader for the day. This is just one of the PAX who is volunteering to lead the workout for that day. After a few months you’ll be encouraged to give Qing a shot as well!
- During a workout you won’t know what to expect. Every Q is different. But for the most part you can expect stuff like squats, push-ups, burpees, sprints, etc.
- We give exercises different names. It’s all in our Exicon.
- A typical workout looks like this:
- Warm Up (5 min)
- The Thang (the main exercise routine for the day, 30-35 min)
- Mary (ab work, 5-10 min)
- Circle of Trust
- Count-o-rama (count off to see how many were there)
- Name-o-rama (guys go around and say their hospital name, age, and F3 name)
- BOM (ball of man, we huddle up while the Q shares an encouraging word, a prayer, or something on his mind – however the day’s Q sees fit)
Still have questions?
CONTACT US and someone will email you back.