First Ruck Q – Barracks Edition
F3 MEMPHIS – 11 July 2018
AO: The Barracks
Conditions: 78F/94% Humidity
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
- Welcome: I am not a professional
- You are participating at your own risk
- You are responsible for your own wellbeing
- You are here voluntarily, and you are not paying to be here
- Know your limits and do the best you can, all exercises can be modified and are only suggestions.
- SSH IC X 15
- Imperial Walkers IC X 15
- Windmills IC X 10
- GORUCK Light Training: (20 minutes – As many rounds as possible)
- 20 4-Count Flutter Kicks with Ruck Overhead
- 20 Ruck Swings
- 20 Push-ups
- 20 Air-Squats
- Ruck around the block for time (about 1.7 miles) with one 60 lb sandbag and one flag shared amongst the PAX
- GORUCK Light Training: (10 minutes – as many rounds as possible) *Unfortunately, all PAX were disappointed that we did not Ruck fast enough to have a full 10 minutes for this cycle. PAX blasted through one round before YHC had to call it quits.)
- Bear Crawl from Point A to Point B
- Shoulder to Shoulder Press (like passing a log from one shoulder to another) X 20
- Crab Walk (with ruck on front) from Point B to Point A
- Thrusters X 20 (squat and overhead press)
- None – Ran out of time
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
- 7 PAX (No FNGs)
Blart, Father Abraham, Hitch, Shoestring, Bruce, Soybean, Geppetto (YHC)
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
Genesis 40:6 (NKJV) And Joseph came in to them in the morning and looked at them, and saw that they were sad.
Joseph knew he was meant for great things. Yet, he did not lose sight of God’s will for him, when his circumstances seemed to take him down a doomed path. He endured amazing suffering, injustice, difficulty, etc, yet he never gave up. One way that he kept his faith in God was to take his eyes off his circumstances and watch and care for others.
Circumstance: His brother’s hated him for being favored by their father, and for dreaming of greatness.
Response: Hold on to the truth/his dream
Circumstance: His brother held him captive in a pit, and sold him into slavery, and then sold into Potiphar’s house.
Response: Joseph worked hard, applied himself, and gained authority in Potiphar’s house.
Circumstance: Joseph was falsely accused, and thrown into prison.
Response: Joseph worked hard, applied himself, and gained authority in the jail.
Circumstance: Joseph helped a fellow prisoner, but he was forgotten once the prisoner was released.
Response: Joseph continued to do what was right, and was finally blessed to be in a powerful position in Egypt, where he eventually saved the lives of the same brothers who had wanted to kill him.
Joseph did not resort to self-pity, lethargy, completely giving up on life and God.
Whatever difficult circumstances we may be going through now, I hope that we will fight our fears, insecurities, etc with taking our eyes off of ourselves, and looking for ways to help others.
- The workout was challenging and designed to prepare PAX for the beatdowns associated with the upcoming GrowRuck12. The complaints were welcomed, and acknowledged the need to “Embrace the Suck”. “The Suck” was duly embraced by all present, and the Workout’s Six was kicked.
- O Positive would be proud of YHC as he started to recite the mission of F3 before beginning the workout.
- O Positive would be ashamed of YHC as he got just enough right and just enough wrong that no one present could tell what the mission statement is. Thankfully, no FNGs were present to be confused.
- YHC disappointed himself, the entire F3 Nation, and maybe even the life on Mars when he failed to gather PAX for a Proof of Life photo. He is determined to be a better human in the future, though he acknowledges the distance he needs to travel to get there.
- We prayed for Father Abraham’s wife, and we hope she recovers fully and quickly over the next few days.
GrowRuck in September – Must sign up and pay $75 deposit by 8/1