DRP: Just Do It
38° (deceptive) wind gusts up to 24 mph, perfect. As one PAX commented, “Tough, miserable, cold…you know, a good F3 Monday morning!”
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
Was done (maybe poorly) Hobo-style, while beginning Warm-O-Rama.
- SSH OYO while giving Welcome & Disclaimer
- High Knees x 10 IC
- Buttkicks x 10 IC
- Arm Circles forward x 10 IC & reverse x 10 IC
- Daisy Pickers x 10 IC
- Mosey Around the Senior Center
21-15-9 Superset Circuit – Perform 21 reps of one movement, then 21 of the second movement, immediately move to 15 reps of each movement, then 9 reps. Whoever finishes first gets to decide what to do til all in. Upon all in, mosey around the senior center and back to Startex. A PAX will be chosen to give a 20-count, while YHC tells of the next superset.
- Burpees & CMU Curl + Press (Evan Almighty finished first and chose the Wall Sit til all in)
- Bonnie Blairs (2=1) & Carolina Dry Docks (Photoshop chose Al Gore til all in)
- WWI Sit-ups & Merkins (Malco chose SSHs til all in)
- Squat Jumps & Mtn Climbers (2=1) (Malco chose LBCs til all in)
- Reverse Lunges (2=1) & CMU Kettlebell Swings (YHC chose Single Leg Glute Bridges til all in)
- Hello Dollies & CMU Turkish Get-Ups (time was up toward the end of our 21 reps)
No time, not sad.
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA:
7 PAX, no FNGs – Geppetto (YHC), Photoshop, Vengeance, Evan Almighty, Chef (AOC), Malco, Shy Guy
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
I recently heard a sermon on Thankfulness/Contentment. In thinking on it, I have realized how easy it is for me to lose my conscious thankfulness/contentment. It can happen as quickly as scrolling through world news headlines. Conversely, a simple focus on something as grand as an aspect of God’s creation – a sunset, an intricate icicle, the changing of seasons – can put the wonder of our Creator back in focus and help me to be thankful and content. I plan to refocus on thankfulness and contentment, and I encourage all the other PAX to do the same.
1 Timothy 6:6-8
6 But godliness with contentment is great gain, 7 for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. 8 But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content.
- The wind was brutal.
- I think the Crossfitters might be wrong about 21-15-9 being the best way to rep at max effort. It’s got to be them, not me; right?
- I enjoyed the format this morning. I felt like we could push ourselves hard, and still get in little bursts of mumblechatter.
- It was fun to see different PAX finish different Supersets first.
We announced to ourselves that the Berm would not be winning King of the Bluff this month. Where were all of our faithful Bermians?