THE SCENE: Weather was great. Mid 70’s, air was chewy, perfect for a workout
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER: Given, Not Paid, Not Paying, Not Professional (Read Unprofessional)
- SSH IC x20
- Daisey Pickers IC x15
- Windmills IC x15
- Arm Circles forwards IC x15 & Backwards IC x 15
- Bolt 45s
- Brief mosey to goose field
- Doricides on the goose field. Cones were placed at roughly 10, 20, and 30 yards out. Pax paired up to perform the following exercises. 100 Merkins, 200 Squats, 300 LBCs, and 400 SSH (to shake off the suck). While one partner is performing Dora, the other is sprinting the Suicide with a twist. When cone 1 is reached = 1 Merkin, cone 2 = 2 Merkins, cone 3 = 3 Merkins (Each sprint was approx 120 yds. Sprinting quickly decayed with squats)
- Suicide Ladder: “Typical” Indian fun run, however after everyone has completed the shuttle we stopped and performed 5 Merkins IC. The fun run continues, however at each stop we added +5 Merkins to the total. Topped out at 20, and had time for mary. (2 PAX for a suicide ladder is brutal…… should be renamed sprint-ups for low counts).
- BBSU IC x10
- LBC IC x 10
- American Hammers IC x10
- rapidly repeated the above set 3xs…….. buuuuuurn.
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
2 Pax: Slots & Speedy
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
Suicide exercises were chosen purposely due to the 2 high profile lives that were recently taken by their own hands. Bourdain strikes me in particular because his show is one of my favorites. He traveled to places most wont travel, he got down to earth with the locals and was able to relate to them on a personal level, he experienced a vast amount of things including fame. He was also open on his show about his issues with substance abuse, depression, recovery, and continued sobriety. In the end, however, even after experiencing as much of God’s creation as he did, he ultimately lost hope and ended his life. For some people doing the hard thing is getting up in the morning and dealing with their own inner turmoil. usually allowing your ear to be bent, or being present and available to someone going through rough times can give them hope to go another day week month. Always show hope in all you do.
Ephesians 2:10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do Good Works which GOD prepared in advance for us to do.
I anyone ever needs an ear my phone number is listed on slack.