Dora In The Snow
Cold, 30*, no wind in the parking lot, but plenty of it down on the bluff
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
- SSH (IC) – 25
- Squat Jacks (IC) – 10
- Mosey – 2 laps around parking lot
- Hillbillies (IC) – 15
- Daisy Pickers (IC) – 15
Mosey to the bluff and north along the sidewalk until we get to the top of “the big hill.” Crab walk forward down the stairs to the bottom.
Dora in the snow. PAX paired off. 1 of each pair would sprint (crawl?) up the snowy bluff hill then crab walk down the stairs. While 1 of each pair did this, the other worked their way through the following at the bottom of the hill:
- Reverse lunges (2=1) – 100
- Squat jacks – 200
- Ballerina squats (toe squats) – 300
Pairs took turns until all reps were complete. Then all PAX did one last hill sprint together back to the top then moseyed back to parking lot.
- Burpo circle (all pax circled up in low squat position. 1 pax would jump back into high plank and hold. Each pax one by one in the circle followed suit. When we got back to the first pax, he hopped back into low squat position. the rest followed in order. Kind of like a deconstructed burpo (a burpee without standing and jumping at the end). We went around the circle probably 10 times. Much mumble chatter.
- Mountain Climbers (IC) – 10
- Pickle Pounders (IC) – 10
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
8 – Jail Bait, Chioccetti, Doc Hollywood, Goldilocks, Bottomless, MIB, Crayfish, Handsy (QIC)
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
Psalm 119:71 – “It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I might learn your statutes.”
YHC doesn’t like hard things big or small. I often exert a ton of effort to control my circumstances to mitigate challenges. But, of course, there is so much in life that I cannot control. And when I get to that point I usually respond with lots of anxiety and/or rage that is rooted in fear. Then I usually complain a lot to myself or have a pity party that things aren’t going how I hoped/planned/imaged, etc.
When I read this passage from Psalm 119, I was reminded that it is in difficult times where we can actually experience and know God on a deeper level. I challenged myself and my fellow PAX to lean into God in times of challenge and suffering and not get caught in a cycle of complaining. Let those challenges help us know God and his statutes more deeply. Let them lead us to truly see his faithfulness.
It was a blast working out with these men this morning. Throughout the workout everyone was cheering on anyone doing their hill sprints. Lots of laughter and lots of fun. And lots of hard work. My legs are still shaky.
Check the PRE-BLAST for all important announcements.