Doing Things at the Sandlot
- THE SCENE: 70s and still wet from yesterday’s rain
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER: Check
WARM-O-RAMA:SSH x 30 IC
Imperial Walkers x 10 IC
Hillbillies x 10 IC
Daisy Pickers x 10 IC
Arm Circles x 10 IC (forward, then reverse)
Mosey to bleachers.
Wade through mud and find a good spot to pull up. 5 rounds of Pull-ups and Squats.
- Round 1: Pull-ups x 1, Squats x 10
- Round 2: Pull-ups x 2, Squats x 20
- Round 3: Pull-ups x 3, Squats x 30
- Round 4: Pull-ups x 4, Squats x 40
- Round 5: Pull-ups x 5, Squats x 50
Mosey to skate park. Find a platform. 5 rounds of Derkins and Superman.
- Round 1: Derkins x 5, Superman x 5
- Round 2: Derkins x 10, Superman x 10
- Round 3: Derkins x 15, Superman x 15
- Round 4: Derkins x 20, Superman x 20
- Round 5: Derkins x 25, Superman x 25
Find a spot on the edge of the skate park bowl. Facing in, lower into bowl and hold yourself up with your hands.
Dips x 25
Lay on back with legs hanging into bowl.
Abyss Flutterkicks x 25 IC
Return to your platform. 5 rounds of Irkins and Abyss Superman (I need a different name for this, but basically lay flat on the platform so that your legs can go negative, then do a reverse leg lift).
- Round 1: Irkins x 25, Abyss Superman x 25
- Round 2: Irkins x 20, Abyss Superman x 20
- Round 3: Irkins x 15, Abyss Superman x 15
- Round 4: Irkins x 10, Abyss Superman x 10
- Round 5: Irkins x 5, Abyss Superman x 5
Mosey out of skatepark and to the end of the parking lot. From there back to startex is approximately 1,000 feet. Bear crawl back (slight modification to allow the PAX to walk over the mud and ditches by the bleachers).
WWI situps x 15 IC
Toe touches (toes to the sky) x 10 IC
American Hammer x 30 IC
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
6 PAX (0 FNGs, 1 Willy Loman): Gus, Hi-Viz (Willy Loman), Crayfish, Moth Balls, Soybean, Toms (QIC)
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
QIC shared that addiction and living in a make believe reality have brought on significant, life-altering consequences. One would think the lesson would be learned at that point, but the reality of human nature is that until we are dead, we are plagued by our vices and pursuits–whether sex, alcohol, money, success, or even “good” living. QIC recounted the life of Israelite King David, who after essentially raping a woman and having her husband sent to his death on the front lines prayed to God not for sexual purity or the elimination of his vice, but for the joy of his salvation to be restored. For the renewal of his heart. As a Christian male, the arc of David’s story is very meaningful to YHC. At the end of the day, we don’t simply need less of the things that wreck us. We need more of God. Luckily, because of Jesus, we can have that.
During the bearcrawl back to startex, QIC’s phone began to pocket dial his ex-wife. This resulted in a very distracted and disheveled QIC. Cobains to the PAX for only giving 50% to that portion of the workout, and T-Claps to the PAX for carrying on in spite of my orbit.