Deck of Death and Sandbags
I arrived 1st on the scene at Arcadia (I am pretty sure that is the first time I was first to any F3 AO for a Q, much less when I wasn’t on Q).
Low 60s, fall might as well be here.
I staged 3 sandbags near the flag (2 60s and 1 40)
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
Yes and Yes
- Mosey East to a lightpole & do 10 merkins x IC
- Mosey to the next lightpole & do 10 squats x IC
- Mosey back to the flag
- Windmills x 10 IC
- Hillbillies x 10 IC
Leave the 40, take the 2 60s and walk up toward the parking lot near the basketball goal – switch to other PAX to have a turn half way up
F3 Deck of Death deck – QIC had chosen 21 cards since it was September 21.
- Jack – Plank Jack x 20 IC
- Ace – Calf Raises x 100 OYO
- 9 – High Knee x 25 per knee OYO sort of
- King – Merkin x 10 IC
- King – Squat x 10 IC
- 3 – High, Slow Flutter Kick x 13 IC
- 8 – Merkin x 8 IC
- Ace – Arm Circles x 100 (50 forward, 50 back) OYO
- Jack – Smurf Jack x 10 IC
- 7 – Bear Crawl (we bear crawled to the front bushes near the basketball goal and back)
- Queen – Freddie Mercurys x 10 IC
- 9 – Low, Slow Squat x 9 IC
- King – Mountain Climber x 10 IC (2 is 1)
- 10 – Rosalita x 10 IC
- 10 – Incline Merkins x 10 IC
- Jack – Shoulder Tap x 10 IC (2 is 1)
- Ace – 100 SSH (we did 25 IC because I wanted to get to the next thing)
- King – American Hammers x 10 IC (2 is 1)
- Queen – Monkey Humpers x 10 IC
- 7 – Lil Baby Crunches x 7 IC
We went over the field with our sandbags and got in 2 rows. First PAX up did a sandbag bear crawl pull through – 5 on each hand, then return to the back of the line and next PAX up bear crawls to the bag and does his pull throughs. Everyone else planks until all in.
We had to get back and at the PAX suggestion, the next time all PAX bear crawled to maintain a good pace while the lead PAX was doing the pull through which worked ok (better than the first time). I need to think more about the best way to do that.
Then we took the sandbags back to the flag and switched off half way through again.
- Flutter Kicks x 10 IC
- Hello Dollys x 10 IC
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA:
6 PAX , 0 FNGs
Black Diamond, Innuendo, Landline (AOQ), Rabbit (QIC), Skinner, Tagalong
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
Dredd wrote a field manual for leadership consisting of 54 Q Points meant to accelerate a man through his G3L (Get Right, Live Right, Lead Right, Leave Right). I spoke about each of those a little bit and encouraged the PAX to figure out which one(s) they need to work on and do it.
- Tagalong’s friend who lost her husband and left 3 kids behind
- Black Diamond’s mother-in-law
- IronPax Week 4 is going on – get some if you want some
- Five Guys fundraiser is in its last week
- Purchase suppliers for Connecting Community Ruck (each week a different list of supplies are listed)
- Check Slack #announcements channel