crabs and bears
THE SCENE: The Barracks. Felt like late October. Amazing.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER Done.
- SSHx25 IC
- Forward Little Baby Arm Circles x15 IC
- Reverse Little Baby Arm Circles x15 IC
- Imperial Walker x15 IC
- Hillbillies x15 IC
Round 1: 30# Indian Run
- Slingshot Run lap around the track. Person in front carries a 30 pound plate and hands off to following relayer.
- 10 seconds to recover
- 7 Laps around the track (stopping after each lap), with different *exercises* last 50 meters of lap. Planking until all are in. 10 seconds to recover.
- *Exercises* include:
- Lunge walk, bear walk, broad jump, crab walk, wheel-barrow (partnering up with whoever you’re running aside), back-pedaling (for two sequential laps)
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
20 at Barracks today. Altar Boy said it’s the most he’s ever seen at Barracks! Altar Boy, Reaper, Beauty Shop, Peekaboo, Mirrors, Shooter, Tomb Raider, Soybean, Chioccetti, Pop Tart, Goose, One and Done, Upgrade (VQ), Easily Amused, Teacher’s Pet, Shoestring, Dewey, Lodge, Bookworm Irish Goodbye’d, and welcome to our cult Bubble Toes! (FNG this morning, but FNG no longer. He is named after a Jack Johnson classic.)
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
We all bring 100 percent to F3, but I personally struggle at bringing that same level of energy to the rest of life. I struggle to challenge myself sometimes. I shared with the group about my fear of leading and that I don’t push myself to lead. I volunteered to Q this morning, because I knew it would help me get out of my comfort zone and challenge myself to lead a group of men, even despite my terrible communication skills and lack of articulation. We are all getting better together and it really moved me this morning having men gather around me to encourage me, and also offer suggestions for my Q.
Learned a lot about Q’ing that you don’t learn just simply observing from other Qers. You just gotta do it. Go through the motions to really learn for yourself what works and what doesn’t. The first lap, I had us do lunge walks for 100 meters, and had to modify for the rest of the laps.
Happy Labor Day weekend!