CMU Partner Beatdown
70, wet but not raining!!!! Thank you Weather Q!!!
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
This was stated and special mention was made to consider the risk since CMUS were on forecast
Pick up your CMU and let’s go! (mumblechatter was in full force – what no warm-o-rama – patience PAX, patience, patience)
- Mosey across the parking lot with CMU – stop and do 10 CMU Overhead Presses OYO
- Mosey back to STARTEX and do 10 more CMU Overhead Presses OYO
PAX patience was about to be rewarded
Put CMU down
- SSH x20 IC
- Windmills x20 IC
- Mountain Climbers x10 IC (use CMU for hand grips)
Pick up CMU
The next set of exercises all incorporated the CMU
- Step-Ups AMRAP for 1 minute (start on left side of CMU and step up onto CMU and step down on right side of CMU – reverse, rinse and repeat
- Jump Burpees x20 OYO (start on left side of the CMU, jump to the right side, perform 1 burpee, jump back to the left side and do 1 burpee – this equals 1 rep)
- Squat to Press x10 OYO
- Good Mornings x10 IC (down on 1, 2, 3 up on the rep)
We were good and warm and ready to get to work at this point……..
Partner CMU work
- 100 CMU Curls (other partner bear crawls 50 yards x2 )
- 200 Toe Smashers (https://bit.ly/2khlqJL) (other partner Sprints 50 yards x 2 – first time was side shuffle and then we went to sprints)
- 300 CMU Squats (other partner crab walks 50 yards x2) (modified to 25 yards after everyone had the pleasure of the initial crab walking
- When you get done, join in with another group until ALL IN
- 150 CMU Derkins (feet on the CMU and perform Derkins) (other partner sprints 75 yards x2 )
- 50 CMU Front Raises (other partner broad jumps 25 yards x2) QIC admittedly did a horrific job of explaining these (probably because he was smoked) and it showed as there were several different versions of this exercise going on (not the fault of the PAX). 1 thing is for sure – there was some serious CMU work going on!!
Short mosey back to Startex
More CMU fun just like Mary would like it
- Flutter Kicks x10 IC w/CMU
- Flutter Kicks x20 IC w/o CMU
- LBC x10 IC w/CMU
- LBC x25 IC w/o CMU
- American Hammers x10 IC w/CMU in USA style
- American Hammers x30 IC w/o CMU in USA style
- American Hammers x10 IC w/CMU – U-S-A!
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
9 PAX (0 FNGs) Money Bags, Captain Obvious, Meter Maid, Bootheel, Slicnut, Snowman, Woody, Barney, Rabbit (QIC)
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
Read a devotion entitled “You Are So Blessed”
If you woke up this morning with more health than illness, you are more blessed than the million who won’t survive the week.
If you attend a church meeting without fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death, you are more blessed than almost three billion people in the world.
If you have food in your refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep,you are richer than 75% of this world.
If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace, you are among the top 8% of the world’s wealthy.
If you can hold someone’s hand, hug them or even touch them on the shoulder,you are blessed because you can offer God’s healing touch.
If you can read this message, you are more blessed than over two billion people in the world that cannot read anything at all.
If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are truly thankful, you are blessed because the majority can,but most do not.
Shared with the PAX that many times QIC forgets how blessed he is. QIC has clothes to wear, has a home and car, air and heat in home and car, means to get food whenever he wants, a job to provide all these things and more, many other conveniences that are not required in order to live, wife and 7 children, a great church family and a wonderful community called F3 to lean on and get better with……..the list could go on and on and on. QIC too many times gets down in the dumps because of work or something going on at home and forget that he has so many things to be thankful for. QIC and each of us are truly blessed. Let’s not get desensitized to the blessings we enjoy on a daily basis. QIC asked the PAX to think of someone in their life that isn’t as blessed as they are and to be a blessing to them somehow today / this week.
First of all, The Weather Q continues to perform at very high levels!!! Kudos Weather Q! Thankful he was back on US soil!
QIC has had a desire to design and lead the PAX through a CMU heavy workout (because QIC NEEDS, not WANTS more CMU workouts in his life) and today was the day to begin that journey. It wasn’t easy but QIC was able to Q it and the PAX responded like the Champions they are at the Levee for the CMU beatdown. Thanks to Bootheel and Meter Maid for letting me join in with their sets
CMUs are a great way to make the boot camp harder and QIC encourages all PAX to incorporate them more. If you don’t own a CMU, go to Home Depot or Lowe’s, buy 1 and keep it in your vehicle. ($1.55 at Home Depot or $1.67 at Lowe’s)! Buy 2 – keep 1 in your vehicle and 1 in your Ms (just in case)
- GrowRuck is coming to Memphis 9/21-23. Talk to your AOQ or check the Pre-blast for more information
- O Positive is kicking off 2nd/3rdF opportunity at his house this week on 5/23/Wed. Immediately following BC from 0630-0715ish. FREE Living Room Coffeeteria (LRC)
- 2 VQs this week both at the Berm: Gepetto on 5/23 and Promise Ring on 5/24
- For those who are interested in rucking, check out F3 Memphis Ruck Club on Facebook and join #ruckers on Slack