Circle of Grunt at the Berm
F3 MEMPHIS – 27 August 2018
AO: Bermuda Triangle “The Berm”
Conditions: 76°/84% Humidity, if there was any wind, I didn’t feel it. Basically a delightfully, gloomy morning to sweat and grunt and complain with a big group of dudes.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
The mission of F3 is to plant, grow, and serve small workout groups for the invigoration of male community leadership.
- Welcome: I am not a professional
- You are participating at your own risk
- You are responsible for your own wellbeing
- You are here voluntarily, and you are not paying to be here
- Know your limits and do the best you can, all exercises can be modified and are only suggestions.
- Mosey one lap around the track
- SSH (Jumping Jacks) IC (In Cadence) x 20
- Arm Circles IC X 10 (both directions)
- Side Bender IC X10
- Turn & Bounce IC X 10
- 8-Count Body Builder IC X 8
- Circuits x 3 then Rotate (40 seconds on/20 seconds off)
- Circuit 1 – Merkins
- Circuit 2 – Lateral Hops into Vertical Jump
- Circuit 3 – Low Side Plank with Dips (1st Rd right side/2nd Rd left side)
- Circuit 4 – Flip Squats (Rotational Squats)
- Circuit 5 – Inchworms into Spider Pushups
- Circuit 6 – Lunge Jumps
- Circuit 7 – Tricep Dip w/Single Leg (1st Rd right leg/2nd Rd left leg/3rd Switch ½ way)
- Circuit 8 – Broad Jumps w/Quick Feet back
- Modified Sprint 8 – Starting 10 yards or so before hill, sprint up hill to the track, walk back to start and repeat 8x
- Big Boy Sit-ups IC x 20
- Hello Dolly’s IC x 20
- Freddy Mercury’s IC x 20
- Flutter Kicks IC x 10
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
21 (0 FNGs) Tomb Raider, Rapunzel, Popeye, Soybean, Ups, Speaker, Yard Sale, Laettner, Lipton, Finger Paint, Krueger, Searcy, Snooki, Four Eyes, Water Boy, Boucher, Beaker, Snow Cone, Transplant, Resner, Geppetto (QIC)
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
I have had thoughts running through my mind from a recent sermon on 2 Peter 1, that I recently heard. The setting is an old man (the apostle Peter) leaving some parting wisdom for the saints he was writing to. In thinking it through, I pictured myself beside the hospital bed of my grandfather just before he passed away. He didn’t tell me to make sure I made a lot of money, or had lots of fun in life. He told me to love Lord with all my heart, mind soul and strength, and to love my neighbor as myself. So, the scene is set in such a way that Peter has an important message that warrants the best of our attention. In the passage below, I have been especially drawn to the plea to be diligent in cultivating the things that matter.
2 Peter 2
3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
12 Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth.
I had not Q’ed a workout since the first part of the month. My experience is that I always enjoy leading a workout in the moment, but as time passes, I forget the benefits of leading, and begin to feel content in the background. Well, I remembered those benefits of leading today, and felt a new appreciation for the effort that each HIM puts out to improve themselves. It is interesting to me that we do improve through sacrifice (time, sleep, wearing out the body). I hope to continue to sacrifice with all the other HIM, and keep on improving.
GrowRuck (September 21-23)