Highlights for the week: Make plans to attend our 2nd Anniversary workout at the Mothership on August 17th. Q School at Old Forest Monday and Neverland Friday! Blue Collar start time is moving to 4:40 AM. SYITG!
Highlights for the week: It’s King of the Bluff week! 4th of July convergence and a Saturday 2.0 workout at the Mothership – don’t miss it!
Highlights for the week: Early Bird, Little John, and Gun Show VQs this week! The Old Forest and Sandlot are hosting a Trilogy Q – thematic workouts Monday-Wednesday with a coordinated soundtrack. Imagine one long workout spread over three days. Also, it’s BEASTWEEK at The Levee. This coming Saturday, 6/22, O Positive is going to have some breakfast after the Mothership. Two opportunities to give it away at new locations. Always Be Head-locking!
Highlights for the week: Stuft Crust, Chastain, and Ice Cube VQs this week! Two opportunities to give it away at new locations. Fartsackers don’t get to tell stories! See you in the jump lunging gloom!
Highlights for the week: Two opportunities to give it away at new locations. Fartsackers don’t get to tell stories! See you in the jump lunging gloom!
PROLOGUE: I have been involved with F3 in three different Regions. I have traveled to Downrange Workouts in Texas, Arkansas, Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, and North Carolina. The ties that bind F3 together are the five Core Principles and Brotherly Love. You can feel them when you Post at another Region’s Workout. But you can also feel the differences.
Sometimes the Mumblechatter is #good, but sometimes it’s nonexistent. Sometimes there’s a Shovel Flag, a prayer, or an enthusiastic Q. Sometimes you get the bare bones F3. My experiences have run the gamut.
When I became Nantan for F3 Memphis, I instituted a few standards that caught on. I tried to institute a few standards that didn’t catch on because no one seemed to care about them. The Reverse Flow Incubator fed elements I could never have thought of into the mix. What has stuck in the last 21 months is what makes F3 Memphis a little bit different and a great group of Men. It’s our own flavor, and we like to call it MEMPHIS MOJO.
This document is the result of collaboration among the members of the Tentpole. We worked to distill and crystallize the essential elements that we want to outlast popular whims and periods of leadership transition. —Gus
MEMPHIS MOJO MANIFESTO
F3 Nation has established Five Core Principles.
- Are free of charge;
- Are open to all Men;
- Are held outdoors—rain or shine, heat or cold;
- Are peer-led by participating Men in a rotating fashion, with no necessary training or certification; and
- End with a Circle of Trust, consisting of Count-o-Rama, Name-o-Rama, and the Ball of Man.
The Nation has also established its Credo: Leave no man behind, but leave no man where you find him.
In light of and subject to these F3 Nation elements, F3 Memphis identifies and establishes the following items as Shared Virtues within our Region. These items reflect Unity in our Group’s Essentials. They are negotiable to the extent that, as Leadership changes over time, the Group will function best as some Virtues are emphasized and others de-emphasized. The cumulative effect of the consistent application of these Shared Virtues is what we call “Memphis Mojo.”
- The Region is served by a Tentpole. The Tentpole is a smallish Leadership Group that provides Governance as necessary. The Tentpole includes, at a minimum, the Nantan, Weasel Shaker, 1st F Q, 2nd F Q, and 3rd F Q.
- An AO Q Serves each Workout. This is the foundational Leadership position within F3 Memphis. It is the sine qua non of our Brotherhood—the very essence of the Mojo. The AO Q is a High Impact Man (HIM) who loves his local PAX and serves as the face of F3 Memphis to both the Faithful and FNGs alike. He is a Disrupter and is free to Influence the Men of his AO to Move toward Advantage in whatever way he sees fit. The AO Q commits to Posting at every Workout and follows all AOQ guidelines required by the Tentpole. A new AO will not be Launched without an AO Q who has taken Responsibility for the Outcome.
- We plant a Shovel Flag at each Workout. F3 Memphis is non-partisan and apolitical. Yet the Sky Q willed us to live in the United States of America, and we accept the privileges and challenges that come along with that assignment.
We seek to demonstrate Courageous Love to our shared communities and common country, and the American flag is the most widely recognized representation of that spirit. Therefore, the AO Q will pound the Shovel Flag into the ground to provide the Faithful a point in the Gloom around which to rally. If no Shovel Flag is present, the AO Q will lead the PAX in a set of ten penalty burpees.
- We provide Workout information (picture and count) to the F3 Memphis PAX and the Nation. Gathering information and providing a report is a Brick—a singular positive Habit that is Advantageous to the individual or others. Within F3 Memphis, we share the count from each Workout along with a picture taken of the PAX present that day. Most often this picture is taken with the Shovel Flag after COT. This information is shared internally via our chosen Comz platform. This process of reporting provides (1) a medium for the PAX to stay informed about all AOs, (2) an opportunity to interact with PAX from across the Region, and (3) a measure of Accountability for would-be Fartsackers. The information is also shared externally via Twitter.
- We plan and execute regular events highlighting 2nd F (Fellowship) and 3rd F (Faith). A Man can experience all three Fs—Fitness, Fellowship, and Faith—during a good Workout. But opportunities to focus on Fellowship and Faith help strengthen the bonds forged in the Gloom. These events take various forms—Coffeeteria, game nights, 2.0 events, BrewRucks, potlucks, community service projects, etc.—and are made available to all PAX.
- We conduct regular planning meetings that are open to all Region PAX. These meetings offer Region Qs the opportunity to discuss and disseminate plans and ideas. In light of the undeniable power of the Reverse Flow Incubator, all PAX are invited and encouraged to attend, give input, ask questions, and offer ideas. The Weasel Shaker plans and schedules these meetings.
- We give F3 nicknames that are not purposely offensive, mean-spirited, or derogatory. A Man should be Honored to bear his name, even it feels a little uncomfortable at first. It may not be “cool,” but it won’t make him feel bad about himself. After an FNG is named, official re-naming happens at the Nantan’s discretion.
- Fartsackers don’t get to tell stories. That’s right.
Highlights for the week: Webelo and Lochte VQs! Time’s running out this APFT season – the last scheduled opportunity is this Friday at the Barracks. Lots of Memorial Day activities next week – read all about it below! SYITG!
Highlights for the week: It’s APFT season. Keep an eye out or ask your local AOQ about it. We’ve got an epic Memorial Day convergence planned and Speaker is hosting a cookout. SYITG!
Highlights for the week: It’s APFT season. Keep an eye out or ask your local AOQ about it. Passport and Mudpants VQ! We’ve got an upcoming service project at SOS and an epic Memorial Day convergence in the works. SYITG!
Highlights for the week: It’s APFT season. Keep an eye out or ask your local AOQ about it. Flipper VQ! Help launch F3 in NW Arkansas or do BrewRuck Saturday! We’ve got an upcoming service project at SOS and an epic Memorial Day convergence in the works. SYITG!